Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jul 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

Expedition Everest

Hi everyone.

Just had word that EE may be closing down for refurbishment but there's no word on when that might happen. Don't suppose anyone has a rough idea?

We go on Sept 11th and only for 5 days so really hope this isn't closed. Our fave at Disney by a long shot so will be gutted if it closes while we're there. Nothing we can do I know, just wouldn't mind knowing.

Thanks!
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Can’t see it being that quick. There are rumours that IF it happens then it would be after Christmas but before the summer rush. It’s been broke for 10 years, sure they are not in that big of a rush to fix it.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Just read on WDW News Today that it's to fix the broken Yeti. The article mentions it could take 6 months to fix. No date for closure as of yet just that it's imminent☹️.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm gutted to hear this, DD was too short last year & is really looking forward to it this year, I hope 'imminent' isn't the next 4/6 weeks!
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I was waiting to hear which of my favourite rides would be closed this time - I don’t suppose imminent is likely to be in 12 weeks time once we are back ☹️

Still, on the plus side, we will have to go back to get another chance to ride it!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I go in May next year and I really hope it isn't closed then! This was one our most favourite rides when we first visited last year, we rode it 4 times in one afternoon!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

One of my faves and haven’t been for 10 years! I hope they can hold off for us!
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
One of my faves and haven’t been for 10 years! I hope they can hold off for us!
Was the Yeti moving last time you went? I hate the damn thing anyway, it’s scary enough with a strobe light effect, let alone if it actually moved. 😂
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yes I think it was, my partner has never been so he’s looking forward to EE!
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh nooo! I would be gutted if it was closed before we go

Although saying that, I’ve been in camp “FIX THE YETI” for a very long time Apparently they have to take apart the whole mountain to fix it because of the way it was built!