Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Aug 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by walshi View Post
First timer on DDP with similar soul crushing worries...

Do all menus show whether an item is a snack, or a side or a main etc? Whenever I see a photo of a menu I rarely see anything to do with the dining plan depicted?

Anything that's a snack will have a little purple snack credit logo next to it. There are no snack credit items at TS restaurants, so you won't see any on those menus, but they are on pretty much all QS menus.

For QS you get 1 entrée (plus a side if it's listed within the entrée description) and a drink. 99% of entrées are included. In 5 trips I've only come across 1 that wasn't and that was the double bacon cheeseburger at Restaurantosaurus. If that happens, the cm will simply let you know. At TS restaurants, the servers will advise on what's included. Again, 99% of meals are. There you get an entrée (plus side if it's listed within the entrée description), dessert and drink.

Starters/appetisers and side items listed on the menus aren't included but can be paid for separately if you want any. You can't swap desserts for starters or sides either.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Have a look at this thread too as there's loads of info about the dining plans and how they work. The first post itself will answer lots of questions
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Be aware that there are lots of less obvious items in your resort shop that count as a snack - e.g a whole big tub of Haagen Dazs ice cream - we were very happy to discover that one. Enjoy !

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019

Edited at 07:30 AM.
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Ask at checkin. They used to have a leaflet that explained it all. After a couple of days it's dead easy. Also in any place look for a CM that looks like they know what they are doing and ask, they will explain. There can be variations on what is included from place to place and year to year, but the CM's in any restaurant will know exactly what to tell you.
One thing that you kind of work out, but doesn't get spelled out for you. The plan gives you credits, and you can spend them where and how you like. All members of your party can spend them if they want to. So you can quite easily get 2 meals each on arrival, or have nothing and spend those credits on another day. The credits are not allocated on a per person basis either.
The only time we've been questioned was when buying more adult meals in one go than there were adults in the room. They allowed it whilst telling us "you're not supposed to do this".
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Oh brilliant question! So glad you’ve asked. We are also 1st time QSDPers, and I’ve spent many head scratching hours over this.
We really are overthinking all of this. Aren’t we? 😳
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

So glad someone asked this. We've never had DDP before and was just going to 'wing it'. It nice to read the responses. Thanks everyone.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneynb
Proud to wear my Ears

Ha I remember thinking this but I know it must have been easy as the 5/8 yr old at the time we’re getting their own breakfast in the line and they managed it- u always get a drink- as I remember being told by the cashier- u need to get a drink if you have a dining plan! And a few of us scurrying off as we had free refill cups at the resort that we had our tea/ coffee in I didn’t think to pick up another drink as well lol but automatically comes with the meal so they went in our bags for the park 😃
Disneynb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
One thing that you kind of work out, but doesn't get spelled out for you. The plan gives you credits, and you can spend them where and how you like. All members of your party can spend them if they want to. So you can quite easily get 2 meals each on arrival, or have nothing and spend those credits on another day. The credits are not allocated on a per person basis either.
The only time we've been questioned was when buying more adult meals in one go than there were adults in the room. They allowed it whilst telling us "you're not supposed to do this".
We got three meals between two of us at Yak & Yeti - we really wanted to try three of the things on the menu - and they took three credits no problem (we had loads as our daughter only joined us mid-way through the trip).

One thing I would say though, is take a moment to check the total credits remaining is as you expect. Particularly snacks - we've had the cash value charged to the band instead of taking snack credits. And also if using a QS credit to build a meal out of three snacks - make sure they do take a QS credit and not three snacks.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneynb View Post
Ha I remember thinking this but I know it must have been easy as the 5/8 yr old at the time we’re getting their own breakfast in the line and they managed it- u always get a drink- as I remember being told by the cashier- u need to get a drink if you have a dining plan! And a few of us scurrying off as we had free refill cups at the resort that we had our tea/ coffee in I didn’t think to pick up another drink as well lol but automatically comes with the meal so they went in our bags for the park 😃
It might have changed recently but on my previous trips I have swapped my drink at the resort food court for another snack item. They have always allowed it as we had the refill cups. You used to be able to do this in parks too but I think it's just resorts now. Our first trip I was nervous about using the dining plan, I remember turning up at the Caribbean food court and despite plenty of research on here felt overwhelmed. Another guest saw me trying to explain to my family what they should do to collect food from the stations they wanted and that we would all then go and pay at the cash tills and he gave us all a quick tutorial and showed us a few great snack credit items, it relaxed everyone and we never looked back. In my experience 99% of CM ask if you want to use your credits when you scan your band after ordering, if not I just say using a snack credit please. Snack credits are easy as they have the symbol, QS meals are basically just the listed entrees most of which come with an appropriate side included anyway. At TS meals the Cm has always explained clearly what we can have for our credit. They really don't mind explaining and in my experience are keen to help you maximise the value, and not miss anything your entitled to.
If in doubt ask someone either a cast member or another guest (most British guests in resorts seem to have the dining plan and will have been in the same position as you at some point). I always make sure I offer to help anyone who looks clueless in food courts like that man did for my family the first time. I love the dining plan :-)

Edited at 10:49 AM.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I totally understand your thinking behind it, but honestly, as soon as you start using it, it'll make perfect sense to you. The CMs are usually great too, if you're unsure of anything just ask them and they'll help and advise
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List