Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch_Lover
Searching for Stitch

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I haven't flown for over 20 years and have never flown higher than economy so it'll all be different for me, including being in PE on the outbound flight - I'm feeling nervous about it all as I've never flown further than 2 hours on my own before. But I'm also feeling excited
I'm the same Andybear, its been 33 years since I flown by myself, ive been in PE and loved it , hoping to get upgrade to UC for the experience , im so excited to go to Disney on my own, got 50 days and cant wait

1979 , 1996 , 1997 , 2000 , 2002 , 2015 , 2015 , 2018 ,1st Solo trip 2018 Booked 2023
Stitch_Lover is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hijack, whereabouts in the booking does the Upgrade button appear? We're EC out, UC back at the moment and would like to shift that EC up a bit...
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch_Lover
Searching for Stitch

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
Sorry to hijack, whereabouts in the booking does the Upgrade button appear? We're EC out, UC back at the moment and would like to shift that EC up a bit...
I booked directly though VA, and I get the upgrade showing on there app, when I log in to the web site I can only bid on the upgrade

1979 , 1996 , 1997 , 2000 , 2002 , 2015 , 2015 , 2018 ,1st Solo trip 2018 Booked 2023
Stitch_Lover is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We upgrade a lot. I really care not what other people think but I like the Lounge, the bigger space and the better food in UC.
We are always in PE and never Econ from the off.
I have paid £43 to upgrade to UC, £86 and just over £100.
I wont pay more than £150.
I am currently monitoring an Oct 18 date and they want over £1200 at the moment.
About as much chance of me paying that as hiring a car from Dollar.

I lay money I will get it within my self imposed budget.
What do you do - or how do you get these cheap upgrade prices?

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

I get upgrades on flights with VA for £87 for the two of us from PE to UC but I use miles and tax option to get the PE tickets in the first place.
So, for us, the total overall cost for two when we eventually end up with return UC tickets are 200,000 ish miles + £1065 ish tax (I have a shed full of miles and I'm happy with the £530 tax each for upper). The 'ish' on miles is simply because more miles are needed at certain times of the year. Upper for the same dates if I was to buy outright is circa £6000 for the two of us and there is no way on earth i'd pay that.
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
Log into your booking where you can see your seats, personal details, select meals etc and the 'upgrade' price is there. But only for flights booked direct with Virgtin Atlantic.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

I only book direct with VA, well I say direct but it's via Quidco for a few bob cashback!

I just log into my account a few times a day, select 'my flights' and go through them to find which ones are showing an upgrade price.

For Sept coming home I failed so we are UC out and PE back. I paid £103 each for the upgrade to UC going out.

There is only 1 seat in UC left for the MCO to LGW leg so there is no chance of that as we are a party of 2.

For Oct going out we are PE and UC back. Thats the one I am watching like a hawk!

I never bother with the 'bid' offer. I want certainty not we will let you know nearer the time!
Can I ask how far in advance you book your original flights? And then is it just a case of checking everyday until the price is right?
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Log into your booking where you can see your seats, personal details, select meals etc and the 'upgrade' price is there. But only for flights booked direct with Virgtin Atlantic.
I booked direct with Virgin a week ago but don't have an Upgrade option.
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I booked direct with Virgin in early January for my flights in September. Sometimes an upgrade price is there, sometimes it isn’t. Sometimes the upgrade is a set price, sometimes it’s bid for an upgrade. There’s no obvious rhyme or reason for it. On checking it in May I saw the upgrade price of £185.85 for the return leg and went for it.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Do you have the Virgin Atlantic app? My flight is logged on there and when I check (2/3 times per day) there has always been an upgrade option on the main screen when I open the app.

I booked PE flights back in April for March next year and have been checking daily for upgrades. It has always been around 1,130pp each leg for ages then last week dropped to 188.00pp outbound so I upgraded.

I’m now patiently waiting to see if return leg drops (showing 1,130pp).