Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

Any recommendations for WorldWide Family Travel Insurance

Started looking for this today, its a bit of a minefield! There seems to be so much variation in cost and cover, and I'm not really sure where to start! I'm looking for cover for a family of 2 adults and 2 children age 8 and 11. I have got personal cover for myself via my Nationwide FlexAccount, and have been quoted £80 to upgrade to family, worldwide cover. Does anyone have experience using them? Or knowledge of the adequacy of the cover? Thanks in advance!
aimo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

We have annual cover through my Flexplus Nationwide account but haven't had cause to use it. They are prepared to cover DH and his medical needs very reasonably. Son used them though when he ruptured his achilles on the first day of his holiday to Tenerife in February. All sorted now (although they did have some issues initially). Which recommend the following for families:

(Provider/Policy name/cost/Max age premium applies to/satisfaction)

Best policies for families (single trip)
Covered2Go Gold £74 49 81%
Blue Bear Travel Gold £79 49 79%
Holiday safe Premier £78 35 92%
Annual Travel Insurance Super £79 67 65%
Topnotchcover Silver £82 54 65%

Best Policies for Families (Annual Policies)
Letsgoiznsure Travellers Choice £62 65 87%
OUL Direct Gold £64 49 65%
Annual Travel Insurance Super £70 65 65%
Multi Trip Premier £74 65 65%

Mrs TT
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you considered upgrading your Nationwide account to Flexplus? This costs £13 pm but includes Worldwide family travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and car breakdown insurance, plus pays interest on your account balance up to £3000. So if you keep £3000 in the account, then around £5-6 is paid back as interest, so I feel the £13 charge is far cheaper than paying for all the benefits separately especially when you consider the interest paid back each month.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

I recommend HSBC Premier
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Mrs TT Thanks for the advice! The letsgoinsure one sounds good, but I’m always a bit wary of companies I haven’t heard of!

Disneydaffodil

Thanks for your input! Is the £5-6 interest monthly or yearly?
aimo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
I recommend HSBC Premier
Do you need an hsbc account?
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aimo View Post
Mrs TT Thanks for the advice! The letsgoinsure one sounds good, but I’m always a bit wary of companies I haven’t heard of!

Disneydaffodil

I was going to recommend this too so will answer that the interest is monthly provided you have the balance all month, it negates the £13 cost when you take into account the other benefits too. Some very good cover included such as ash cloud, end supplier failure etc, I also noticed that if you’re hospitalised for a few days on holiday (5 I think), they will pay up to £500 for a recuperative holiday when you’re well enough!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Do you need an hsbc account?
It's free with it 👍🏻
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Have you considered upgrading your Nationwide account to Flexplus? This costs £13 pm but includes Worldwide family travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and car breakdown insurance, plus pays interest on your account balance up to £3000. So if you keep £3000 in the account, then around £5-6 is paid back as interest, so I feel the £13 charge is far cheaper than paying for all the benefits separately especially when you consider the interest paid back each month.
This is what I have done. Worth it for the Travel Insurance, phone insurance and breakdown insurance which would all come in at more than the annual £156 cost. I phone to alert them to DH's pre existing medical issues and pay a very reasonable additional premium. As DisneyDaffodil says you are credited with 3% annual interest on balances up to £2500 in your current account each month (£6.28 last month) and you also become eligible for a regular monthly savings account that allows you to transfer a maximum of £250 each month with an annual interest rate of 5%. I save the maximum each month which means I have £3000 +£86 approx interest at the end of a year. A nice wee contribution to my next Disney holiday

Mrs TT
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Disneydaffodil

Monthly 😀. So basically, the account fee is £7-8 pm if you take the interest back off it. Then the £7-8 covers travel, mobile phone insurances and car breakdown cover. We used the breakdown cover once for our car, just rang them, they sent someone out who sorted the problem quickly and we never even had to fill in any paperwork, all dealt with easily.

Seems I was mistaken about it being £3000 balance, it is £2500 max for interest, anything above this does not get interest.

Edited at 07:04 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List