Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Mar 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Dreams
Getting to know the DIBB

Vienna House Dream Castle TAXI and extra magic hours

Sorry for the long title. We’ve booked the Vienna House Dream Castle for August and have been reading about the ‘scrum’ for the shuttle bus. We’ve stayed here before, twice, but I genuinely can’t remember an issue with the shuttle bus but this was maybe 9 yrs ago. So I’m wondering if anyone uses a taxi service to travel from the hotel to the park in order to avoid the scrum, if so, how much is the usual cost please? We’re also buying the annual pass which gives the extra magic hours (early magic hours) and some people say that the hotel shuttle doesn’t start til 8:30am which is when our EMH start. We plan on getting up early to avoid the huge queues in the hotel at breakfast (have seen pics online) so we will be eager to leave the hotel early. If you can give us any info regarding anything I’ve mentioned or anything else that you think might help then we are all EARS 😂 we usually go to Florida but hoping to get a couple of DLP in this year and make use of the annual pass 👍🏼 Thanks so much for any help xxx

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Disney_Dreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Which Annual Pass are you getting? If it's the Infinity then you get access to the Privileged Car Park which is only about 100 yards from where the Shuttle Bus drops off/picks up near the Village so might be easier to drive in each day.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Dreams
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
Which Annual Pass are you getting? If it's the Infinity then you get access to the Privileged Car Park which is only about 100 yards from where the Shuttle Bus drops off/picks up near the Village so might be easier to drive in each day.
Ahh thanks for your reply, we’re not driving unfortunately, we’re taking the Euro star from London. Thank you though x
Disney_Dreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Dreams
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Apparently the shuttles start at 8am which will help. Still, any other help is much appreciated x
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Disney_Dreams View Post
Apparently the shuttles start at 8am which will help. Still, any other help is much appreciated x
Hi,

I have found this forum helpful, but never needed to post, but registered specially to respond to this

You definitely made the right choice with the annual pass with extra magic hours. I found last August busier then previous trips and we paid to upgrade to the extra magic hours.

You can get into the main park from 8 (into mainstreet, not into the lands) and into the studios from 8:30. If possible i'd try to get there for 8ish to make sure you are in and ready to go when the lands open, or you can find yourself at the back of a big queue for the gate. Though if the shuttle leaves at 8 you should get there 8:10ish hopefully.

They begin to let other people in to the main park at 9:30, so the rides that are already open (for EMH) get busier from around then. Take some big thunder mountain fast passes as soon as the machine comes online, around 9:30 i think, if not before.

The shuttles have been hit an miss for us in the past, mostly on the way back.

Options for the way out are:

1) walk next door to the Explores hotel (you'll need to check this to be sure) as it is the first set down/ pick up and you should be okay for getting on.

2) this might be frowned upon, but you could walk across to the Santa Fe hotel, this is not too far of a walk depending on ages of your group. The Disney hotel shuttles will be more frequent and start earlier. If you miss a bus on the way back I'd consider this also as you'll be standing at the bus stop for ages waiting on the shuttle to the dream castle.

I'm staying in the Dream Castle in July, we will have a car, but might consider the shuttle depending on who is awake/ not. If I remember I will come back and update you.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have annual passes and usually stay at the Campanile which is only a couple of stops down on the same road as the Dream Castle and every morning we use uber! We just get picked up outside the reception area of the hotel and dropped off at the train station at DLP! So handy and only ever costs a few euro 😊
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Mobile

Explorers is not always the first set down- I can vouch for this as I stayed here in 2018 and the scrum is real. This time we were in Santa Fe and there's still a scrum but there are more frequent buses plus no stopping off at any other hotels. We got a taxi for 8 of us from the rank by the station back to Explorers once in the early morning and it was €18 + I gave him 2 for a tip.
Old 9 Mar 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
We got a taxi for 8 of us from the rank by the station back to Explorers once in the early morning and it was €18 + I gave him 2 for a tip.
This is good to know, thank you. Though with small children and car seat requirements I'm assuming it will be a while before I can take a cab.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List