Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Mar 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Travel on site to HS in time for RoTR?

We're staying on site at POFQ in May without a car. We were planning on only using disney transportation during the trip, but have read some threads about not relying on thr buses to get to HS in time for park opening and being able to try for RoTR BG. We've never used uber or lyft before so its a bit daunting, and would obviously prefer not to have to pay, but also don't want to go to effort and stress of trying for a BG and then missing out due to bus issues. What do you recommend? Can it be done using the bus service?
Old 5 Mar 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd be interested to know this too we are at POFQ no car
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Buses start running about an hour before a park opens. You'll be fine.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you’re really worried about getting there early enough you can and a bit concerned about Uber/Lyft you can book a Minnie Van which is through Lyft but is only available on Disney property.
Be aware though it’s a lot more expensive than an ordinary Lyft I think it’s around $35
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

We were at POFQ. Each time got to the bus stop before 6:45 and always managed to get in to the park before 7:30 (actually in, after security and tapping in). So no worries, just get up earlier if you are. I think there was another bus around 6:30. We done it 4 times without any problems and one day was Presidents’ Day!
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Uber (other ride services are available).

You'll likely have change from $10 - a very small price to pay if getting to HS in good time is important to you.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

When we went we were told by the cast members/reception staff that buses started an hour before park opening, and advised to get a taxi to prepark breakfast reservations. However we spoke to the bus drivers and they said that the buses start running at six. So maybe check with the bus drivers as they'll know best.
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Just to add, it’s really simple to use Uber/lyft and cheaper than ordinary taxis and the Minnie vans.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

I would just get the bus and if you are staying at a resort with multiple stops get on at the first one to make sure the bus won't be full by the time it gets to your normal stop.
Getting into the park early does not guarantee you a boarding group so I personally wouldn't spend the extra cash on a lyft/Uber where you could still be held up at the parking booths. And the $35+ for a Minnie van is a definite no...

Anecdotal evidence suggests bigger groups get the later boarding groups so if you are a large group you may have better odds of riding if you split into smaller groups although you may not ride at the same time.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I would just get the bus and if you are staying at a resort with multiple stops get on at the first one to make sure the bus won't be full by the time it gets to your normal stop.
Getting into the park early does not guarantee you a boarding group so I personally wouldn't spend the extra cash on a lyft/Uber where you could still be held up at the parking booths. And the $35+ for a Minnie van is a definite no...

Anecdotal evidence suggests bigger groups get the later boarding groups so if you are a large group you may have better odds of riding if you split into smaller groups although you may not ride at the same time.
If you are at POFQ there’s only one stop.

We were a group of 6 and one time got group 4 and then the next time got group 3. However when only half the party are in the park and we had to select names (instead it select all) we got group 21. I think the big parties are impacted when you have lots of family and friends on the list and you have to scroll through selecting people. If you have you family and friends list up to date so only those people who are there with you and you can hit select all it’s much quicker.