Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Mar 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Just going to copy and paste this from sky forums which is a bit crafty

"If you call using the phone number registered with Sky you get through quicker. I have just done so and got through in 2 minutes. You have to ask for the value team. However - they offered me to pause my subscription, but it wasn't a pause - it was a cancel and restart , the point being I was told they couldn't guarantee to reinstate me with the same discount - £13 a month - that I have now"

Waaaay out of date info. When it was first announced not all agents could pause now every single agent in all departments can but Sky are encouraging people to do it via the mysky app as the major focus at this time is technical help as a priority as no one wants to be stuck at home without fully working broadband, phone or TV.
Pause is exactly that , once Sports fixtures return it’ll automatically restart with all offers intact.
Anyone who had their services cancelled because the agent hadn’t yet been given pause access will get their offers reinstated.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DJMS
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Absolute disgrace from sky if you ask me.

You can pause your sky sports sub (but will still be able to view all the channels) and it will restart when live sport restarts. 👍🏻

However, why the hell do customers have to apply for this?😡 It should just happen automatically for everybody.

I tried three times on line yesterday and every time the site crashed. 😡 Finally got it done at 2.00am this morning (couldn’t sleep last night so got back up).

It’s not like anybody would want to carry on paying is it 🤣

Why not free up your website and call centres and just do this for everybody sky?

Oh because no doubt you are relying on most people not bothering so you minimise your losses. 🙄
DJMS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

I logged on to My Sky last night and followed the link to suspend the sports. It took ages for confirmation to come through but the web page advised just to stay online and they would respond. Took about 30 mins for confirmation to pop up. My bill has been adjusted already.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

I paused my sports this afternoon online and it took about 10 minutes.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DJMS View Post

You can pause your sky sports sub (but will still be able to view all the channels) and it will restart when live sport restarts. 👍🏻

However, why the hell do customers have to apply for this?😡 It should just happen automatically for everybody.

I tried three times on line yesterday and every time the site crashed. 😡 Finally got it done at 2.00am this morning (couldn’t sleep last night so got back up).

Why not free up your website and call centres and just do this for everybody sky?

Oh because no doubt you are relying on most people not bothering so you minimise your losses. 🙄
My dad (70s ) is quite happily watching sky sports as it is, he wouldn’t be happy if they stopped the service
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Wow just wow
Contractually they couldn’t just pause it, it needed the customer to ask for it. You can’t just vary a contract on a whim. The Sports channels are still broadcasting content after all.
Hope you don’t have BT Sports direct too. Sky were pausing BT Sports with them in the same way as their own Sports but BT Sports direct were refusing to pause... hopefully they’ve changed stance as the week went on.
I guess you object to the extra data they’ve added to all mobile accounts and the free landline phone calls added for their Talk customers too <shrug>

Just shows you can’t please all of the people all of the time <sigh>

Originally Posted by DJMS View Post

Edited at 09:25 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DJMS

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Wow just wow
Contractually they couldn’t just pause it, it needed the customer to ask for it. You can’t just vary a contract on a whim. The Sports channels are still broadcasting content after all.
Hope you don’t have BT Sports direct too. Sky were pausing BT Sports with them in the same way as their own Sports but BT Sports direct were refusing to pause... hopefully they’ve changed stance as the week went on.
I guess you object to the extra data they’ve added to all mobile accounts and the free landline phone calls added for their Talk customers too <shrug>

You’ve totally missed the point.

When you “pause” it states you will still have access to all the channels. So contractually yes they could have paused without the customer asking as all the are doing is no longer charging you whilst still giving you the channels.

What they are effectively doing is stopping their charges for sports whilst all this is going on but making you ring / go online to request that they stop charging you.

If their “pause” took access to the channels away then yes I’d agree with you they couldn’t just implement it but it doesn’t.
DJMS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DJMS

Mobile

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
My dad (70s ) is quite happily watching sky sports as it is, he wouldn’t be happy if they stopped the service
But the point is if your dad “paused” the service he’d still have access to all the channels anyway he just wouldn’t have to pay for them.

Why should he have to contact sky to make that happen!
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I got rid of mine on the 31st Jan as my kids watched wwe which is now on BT sport, Darts live and highlights is on ITV 4 also my bill hit the £100 mark at Christmas with sky sports and the HD package £30 on its own so got a better broadband package with just the basic entertainment pass for £54 a month. I also got rid of Prime for £5.99 as it’s rubbish and never buy off them.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Wow just wow

Actually contractually they can as they could tell subscribers it's a gesture of goodwill while there isn't any live sport but they would still be able to watch all other content available on the channels
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List