Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by starwarsclark View Post
We are in the situation where our Easter break to Boston is obviously not going to happen but BA has cancelled the return Boston to Heathrow flight but left the Heathrow to Boston flight available. We are being offered the voucher but no idea if we would even use it, I would have thought we could get a refund as we cannot get home even if we could fly out - any thoughts please>
You are entitled to a refund if one leg has been cancelled by BA
Mpet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
starwarsclark
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
You are entitled to a refund if one leg has been cancelled by BA
Thank you, we only get the option for a voucher online so I suppose I will need to see if I can call them.
starwarsclark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Superl
A Guest at All-Stars

There is apparently a workaround that allows you to access the refund on-line, although I've not tried it. See here.
Superl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
visitedscotland
slightly serious Dibber

visitedscotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Called BA this am at 8.10 was 10 mins to get through spoke to a nice woman explained the flights had been cancelled and that i had also booked a villa, she offered me a voucher and i explained i could not use it she said this was no prob and processed the refund. I then went on to tell her i booked car hire via BA on a seperate booking, she said normally this would not be refunded but as she could see it was linked to the holiday she would refund the full amount Thats was great customer service and took about 10 mins in total talking to them. Happy but yet very sad at the same time.
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We cancelled our flights to Amsterdam on 15 March. Clicked on the voucher request online. Still waiting for voucher to come through. Not that it matters as we won't be going anytime soon ☹️
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Ok
What i need to know is this

I am Booked to Fly on 27 July 2020 to Tampa and back from New York.
I also have internal flights and Trains booked which will probably allow me to move as well

If they eventually offer a voucher i will take it and rebook.

We have Multi city flights and would rather stay on BA as they have the routes we need

I can go in 2021 on either 24,25,26,or 27 July but will the voucher allow me to book any of these days.
I assume the voucher rules wont allow me to depart later that 27 July 2021.
I cant go any earlier as kids will still be at school and i do not take them out ever for holidays

Edited at 04:08 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve asked a similar question on here and the answer seems to be all your flights including your return need to be within 12 months of your current departure date.

Seems pretty short sighted to me...
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
I’ve asked a similar question on here and the answer seems to be all your flights including your return need to be within 12 months of your current departure date.

Seems pretty short sighted to me...
yup - that is the issue I have - basically I would need to pull my holidays earlier than just moving out by exactly 12 months and I can't do that - so i'm fighting for a refund
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

It is a strange one. If it comes to it I would like to “do my bit for the travel industry” by accepting a voucher. But like I’m sure lots of others are pretty constrained with dates - my wife being a teacher. So if it stays like this I’ll need to request a refund.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I lifted this from BA Website , It contradicts that you must have returned by this date

When does the voucher expire?

The voucher must be used for a new booking within 12 months from the original departure date.

To me this says as long as your outbound flight is by the original date you were due to depart then if i was booked for 27 July 2020 then i can rebook to fly out on 26 July 2021 if i want