Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

And just to say, I’ve checked both my bank and credit card (paid the deposit on the credit card) and had my full refund through in just over 48 hours! 😝😝
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

UPDATE……..well, another 4 weeks has passed and still no sign of the missing 25%, which is almost £1,100 across the two bookings.

Spoke to Disney today and was kept on hold for 15 minutes by their first-line staff who put me through to someone from "Guestcare". Once again they haven't got a clue and the best they can do is send an email to accounting to chase the processing of the refund. Apparently they are not allowed to speak to their own accounting department and they are also not allowed to copy me in on the email that they will (supposedly) send them.

They said it would be 7-8 weeks, but it has already been 9 and I am not holding out much hope that it will any time soon.

Good luck on your 25%'s everyone...…...anyone had it, yet?

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lantern5
Helping Minnie

I put a post on the "refunds/.."section yesterday explaining how we got our refund.As we had booked through the DLP website we phoned 03301231644
Each time I phoned...3 times if I remember including last week I got through almost immeadiately. They were helpful, although they could not access my account as technically it had been cancelled she contacted another department and then gave me an update. If you are worried and booked through the DLP website I certainly would give them a call.She could not give me a date we would be given our money back but assured me it was coming, which on Saturday it did.
lantern5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
UPDATE……..well, another 4 weeks has passed and still no sign of the missing 25%, which is almost £1,100 across the two bookings.

Spoke to Disney today and was kept on hold for 15 minutes by their first-line staff who put me through to someone from "Guestcare". Once again they haven't got a clue and the best they can do is send an email to accounting to chase the processing of the refund. Apparently they are not allowed to speak to their own accounting department and they are also not allowed to copy me in on the email that they will (supposedly) send them.

They said it would be 7-8 weeks, but it has already been 9 and I am not holding out much hope that it will any time soon.

Good luck on your 25%'s everyone...…...anyone had it, yet?
You might be better off speaking to your bank and initiating a chargeback claim against Disney for the deposit payment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

I’m still waiting for my 25%. Been about a month now. I’ll give it another month before deciding on next action. I just think they are swamped with refunds and it’s taking a long time to work through it all.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I've messaged them on FB and Twitter and have had messages saying it will be done manually and to please bear with them. They told me the remaining amount is the standard cancellation fees and has to be refunded manually. I've not been waiting for the final amount since end March and messages were in the last couple of weeks. Really hoping to be refunded soon!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I've messaged them on FB and Twitter and have had messages saying it will be done manually and to please bear with them. They told me the remaining amount is the standard cancellation fees and has to be refunded manually. I've not been waiting for the final amount since end March and messages were in the last couple of weeks. Really hoping to be refunded soon!
Hi
I got same replies on FB and Twitter and I’ve been waiting 9 weeks now since my first refund, il give it another couple of weeks then contact again.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Interesting development...…..after an exchange across their facebook page where they asked me to PM my booking references and I suggested that I was going to just pursue a chargeback through the credit card, I co-incidentally received a letter from Disney confirming my cancellation 2 hours later.

Still no funds, yet, but I wonder if anyone else has received the letter and then the last 25% refund has gone through a couple of days later (?)

It may be just coincidence but seems that Disney don't like people posting difficult feedback on their Facebook page (they did not respond on Twitter).

Good luck everyone !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsFizz
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I received a cancellation letter last week for my 25% but no refund yet, there were three bookings between my friends, we received the email at the same time but only one has received the refund. Going to give it another week then look into a chargeback.
MrsFizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had only paid the deposit, not the full amount, but had all of it refunded on the same day disney confirmed my cancellation.

I contacted them on the phone, via twitter and via Facebook messenger. Facebook messenger was the only one with any form of success.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List