Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile What’s it like at Christmas?

Hi all!

We are supposed to be going to WDW in July but realistically looking like that’s not going to happen so will be rescheduling for next summer.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
If this strange situation we find ourselves in finally ends, I was thinking of treating my two boys (well - let’s be honest- me) to a few days at DLP.
Ideally, I’d have preferred October half term as the weather would be better than Christmas but realistically I think the earliest we can go will be Christmas. (We are tied to school holidays)
I know the decorations will be beautiful but will the weather make it miserable? Also what are the crowds like?
Another question id like to know is, are dining deals available all year round? Or do they end like with WDW? I’ve found a deal with half board but obviously can’t book anything yet. So frustrating.
Feb half term is a no go as DS is likely to be footballing in Malaga. Which then would leave us with Easter.
Thoughts please?
(Just to re-iterate these are musings based on the world being safe to travel. I won’t be booking anything until the parks/flights open again. ☺️ )
Thanks once again .☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Utterly wonderful. It can be absolutely freezing but hey, my first holiday at WDW was freezing too, minus 2 degrees some days! I love the cold weather so just dress up warmly.

No-one does Christmas like DLP, it's magical.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We did the 27-30th this Christmas just gone. We had one day of great weather where we we too warm with our coats on, the next day was a little colder but still manageable and the last day was freezing cold! The decorations and atmosphere was lovely but the crowds were bad and we found it best to get in early and get as much done as we could within the first 3 hours then just soak up the atmosphere.
We then booked for Easter next year as soon as we came back! We love WDW but it’s out of both of my sisters budgets and we wanted to go with all of our nieces before they get too grown up. We checked and the French kids are still in school when we go and not all of the UK kids have broken up yet so we figured the crowds won’t be as bad as Xmas and the weather a bit more bearable too!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Bear in mind that it will be horrendously expensive over the actual Christmas/New Year period. The season starts in November and ends in early January. Try and avoid weekends though, as all weekends at DLP are crazy.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. It’s the crowd levels that bother me the most. I’m from Yorkshire, I’m used to the rain.😂
Might have to check out the Easter dates and see if we can go when the French kids are still in school.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A few years back my sister and I took my niece for the Christmas season. It was her first time, and both of us hadn't been for absolute years. We took my niece out of school for the last two days (what do they really do those 2 days before xmas break?), and those two days were nice, crowd level wise. It wasn't dead quiet, but okay. As soon as it hit holidays, and the weekend it was probably twice as busy. We didn't mind, we'd had time to get plenty done.

The atmosphere was amazing, and I'd definitely recommend the Christmas season. X

Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
A few years back my sister and I took my niece for the Christmas season. It was her first time, and both of us hadn't been for absolute years. We took my niece out of school for the last two days (what do they really do those 2 days before xmas break?), and those two days were nice, crowd level wise. It wasn't dead quiet, but okay. As soon as it hit holidays, and the weekend it was probably twice as busy. We didn't mind, we'd had time to get plenty done.

The atmosphere was amazing, and I'd definitely recommend the Christmas season. X

Aww great photos! I do think it will be magical at Christmas.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment about the last two days of term, I think they might miss me at work. (I teach) 😂
Old 26 Apr 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Aww great photos! I do think it will be magical at Christmas.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment about the last two days of term, I think they might miss me at work. (I teach) 😂
Easter is probably the worst because all countries are off.

May be worth looking at May half term, but check when Ascension Day is is that is a public holiday.
Old 26 Apr 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Without a generally available vaccine, this Christmas will be Disney, but not how we know it.

Disney332
Old 26 Apr 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Without a generally available vaccine, this Christmas will be Disney, but not how we know it.

Disney332
As I mentioned in my original post, I’m not looking to travel anywhere unless it is safe to do so.