Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Jun 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have only stayed on site once we usually stay in a villa and DH drives everywhere
He did however really enjoy not driving last time and we used uber/lyft for some ADRs and trips to UO which was very easy
This year we were going back to a villa should have been on our flight now 😥 we were going to have a car but had already decided we would use uber/lyft some days to go to the Parks if DH didn't feel like driving that day or maybe wanted to a have beer in the parks
Although we didn't miss the car when we were onsite I think we would in the villa particularly for shopping but if DH decided he didn't want to drive over there anymore we would still consider an off site stay without a car as uber and lyft are so easy to use
So in short I'd say yes it's doable off site without a car
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilo family
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We stayed at a Disney springs hotel last year without a car..uber/lyft was so easy to use and as there were 6 of us it was very cost effective. Next year we have booked Regal Oaks 4 bed villa with hot tub and communal pool as a best of both worlds..again we plan to use Uber/lyft for the whole duration.
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thank you, that’s all really useful and reassuring.

We’ve been 3 times before, and twice was diy so I would be happy to book it all myself. It’s good to hear it could be booked when flights are released as I do find it a bit stressful committing to dates 18-24 months in advance

I hadn’t considered adding a few days on, I thought the villa would only be available in weekly blocks, so 7 14 21 days. A 16-17 night stay would be a great idea 😀
We have just booked a villa on sunset lakes for August next year. We are staying for 18 nights so it is doable. We will have a car though. Just have flights to book, waiting on BA releasing their flights at 355 days. Our dates are set in stone though as holiday is booked from work and we need to be back for GCSE results for my eldest
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone, the replies are very reassuring. The villas look lovely and it will mean extra space for us and our DD, who will be 21 by then.

I’m going to check out the areas mentioned on here and slowly start making plans for 2022 and a new style of Florida holiday for our family.

I’m not completely ruling out onsite as we’ve loved our stays but the villas and offsite restaurants would be a really nice change, especially if free dining plan isn’t offered by then
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List