Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Loads up here TC, just bought some lovely big ones from the farm shop. I’ll post you some down
Thanks Colette.

I'll send the toast.

TC
Old 22 Dec 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Why do people in this day and age still buy as if the shops are closed for a week? At the most they would be closed for one day only.. So much food gets wasted at this time of year.
We always do a weekly shop. So I did a standard weekly shop but with loads of extra bits we don’t normally have like cheese and crackers and snacky food.
We aren’t normally in the house all day and it’s Christmas so we want some treats.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I went to Morrison’s at eight this morning. It wasn’t too bad but I don’t think the choice was brilliant - quite a few empty shelves.

I’m going to brave Sainsbury’s tomorrow for the last few bits and then that’s it, if I’ve forgotten anything it’s too bad!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
What's with satsumas?

I know I'm fussy but I really want satsumas.

Can't find them anywhere.
I get confused, are satsumas the same as mandarins or tangerines? What is an easy peeler?

I’m sure when I was little they were all called tangerines, but I never see tangerines any more 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
I went to Morrison’s at eight this morning. It wasn’t too bad but I don’t think the choice was brilliant - quite a few empty shelves.

I’m going to brave Sainsbury’s tomorrow for the last few bits and then that’s it, if I’ve forgotten anything it’s too bad!
I worry about the shops not being stocked enough on the last shop. Nothing worse than having to go to another shop just for one thing
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Waitrose at 8.10am, car park not too busy, easy to get around and straight through quick check. Helped neighbour finish her shopping then out by 9.20. Car park was very busy, local Scouts had arrived to help find parking spaces! Town was busy but found Xmas cards were half price, bought several packs ready for next year. Nice to be all done, just 4 pavlovas to make tonight for gifts. 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Off shopping around 7 tonight when DS finishes work. Only need booze, veg and snacks. Got to pick the pre ordered turkey and other bits up from M & S Monday morning. Hope it's not to busy tonight
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Waitrose at 8.10am, car park not too busy, easy to get around and straight through quick check. Helped neighbour finish her shopping then out by 9.20. Car park was very busy, local Scouts had arrived to help find parking spaces! Town was busy but found Xmas cards were half price, bought several packs ready for next year. Nice to be all done, just 4 pavlovas to make tonight for gifts. 😁
That’s a lovely gift, pavlovas. I always lose Xmas cards if I buy them in the January sales, hope you have put yours safe 😀
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Thanks Colette.

I'll send the toast.

TC
Tiger bread and lurpak! TC the uk’s finest toast maker
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I get confused, are satsumas the same as mandarins or tangerines? What is an easy peeler?

I’m sure when I was little they were all called tangerines, but I never see tangerines any more 😀
It is confusing.

Also clementines is another they throw into the mix.

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Tiger bread and lurpak! TC the uk’s finest toast maker