Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post

This is our key ring. Itís a Toyota Highlander with 11000km on the clock. Only 3 of us but itís massive compared to what weíve had before as intermediate. Himself says it was all dodges and chevys and one mistsubishi outlander. Wondering is this the number. The Mitsubishi had SRED on it
Thats a Standard. Well done.

S - Standard
R - Recreational vehicle
A - Auto unspecified drive (automatic to us)
R - Unspecified fuel (so can be diesel or petrol - will be petrol in the US)

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nismo75
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Sandwevans View Post
We are travelling into Sanford in three weeks - have a STD SUV booked - anyone know if the experience at Sanford is better than MCO?
We flew into Sanford 2017 and 2018, very easy. quiet Airport with no queues. You book in at the desk outside the main terminal, then one of the guys will show you to your car. Both times we were upgraded from Intermediate to full size SUV.

You will have to slip the guy $10 though. Especially after he says (I upgrade you) 10 times
Nismo75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
3rd time in a row
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
So I have 8 seater Toyota Sienna or similar booked. What cat or acriss code would that fall into ?
rudeboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
So did a little googling and I think my 8 seater will start with PV in the code . Or passenger vehicle, though not 100%.
rudeboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
So did a little googling and I think my 8 seater will start with PV in the code . Or passenger vehicle, though not 100%.
I think you are right. PVAR

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think you are right. PVAR
Thanks for the reinforcement.
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DAVELUCS
I want to go now!

Mobile

Arrived last night, MCO line of standard SUV was pretty stocked, pretty much all Dodge, KIA, GMC, we took a Nissan Pathfinder as had one in NYC a couple of years ago and has loads of room for the kids.
Was expecting a hardly any choice but was slightly surprised 👍
DAVELUCS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our Florida Holiday 2018
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
Serious Dibber

Having second thoughts about our rental now. We're booked through Alamo for a standard SUV but after reading this I'm very seriously considering either changing to a full size SUV or changing to Hertz or National (they seem to have an office at the Dolphin, so handy for us to drop off)
Any suggestions?

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Planaholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
The Spreadsheet is open for business!
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
Having second thoughts about our rental now. We're booked through Alamo for a standard SUV but after reading this I'm very seriously considering either changing to a full size SUV or changing to Hertz or National (they seem to have an office at the Dolphin, so handy for us to drop off)
Any suggestions?
I'd leave it and see what happens.

As great as this forum is it tends to sometimes lead people to spend time (sometimes months) worrying about things that won't even happen. Things like bag drop, ESTA, if they'll have your standard of car etc etc.

I'd prepare before you went by knowing the code of the car you've booked and be prepared for it but wouldn't change, unless it got cheaper!
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
Any suggestions?
dont worry, it is still pot luck what there when you arrive.

As above, just ensure that the class of car you take is the same group as you booked.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Time for somewhere else next i think...
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less