Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Eat and Play Card
Unread 12 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
Having second thoughts about our rental now. We're booked through Alamo for a standard SUV but after reading this I'm very seriously considering either changing to a full size SUV or changing to Hertz or National (they seem to have an office at the Dolphin, so handy for us to drop off)
Any suggestions?
I'd leave it and see what happens.

As great as this forum is it tends to sometimes lead people to spend time (sometimes months) worrying about things that won't even happen. Things like bag drop, ESTA, if they'll have your standard of car etc etc.

I'd prepare before you went by knowing the code of the car you've booked and be prepared for it but wouldn't change, unless it got cheaper!
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
Having second thoughts about our rental now. We're booked through Alamo for a standard SUV but after reading this I'm very seriously considering either changing to a full size SUV or changing to Hertz or National (they seem to have an office at the Dolphin, so handy for us to drop off)
Any suggestions?
dont worry, it is still pot luck what there when you arrive.

As above, just ensure that the class of car you take is the same group as you booked.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 2019 Trip
RickT is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Does anyone have the email for Alamo please? we are picking up from Disney Car care centre if we have to email there direct. I am going to ask them for a list of what is included in the standard line up so I can't be told it isn't at a later date. I am sure I read a post where someone was able to argue the point a specific car was a standard class as he had an email from them stating this and in the end they let him have the car.

Tom - any suggestions for a good standard car?
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Does anyone have the email for Alamo please? we are picking up from Disney Car care centre if we have to email there direct. I am going to ask them for a list of what is included in the standard line up so I can't be told it isn't at a later date. I am sure I read a post where someone was able to argue the point a specific car was a standard class as he had an email from them stating this and in the end they let him have the car.

Tom - any suggestions for a good standard car?
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Edge

Never ever ever ever accept a Dodge Journey

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
Earning More Ears

I asked same question via Facebook and Twitter. Standard response is;

Hi, Garry! Thanks for expressing your interest in Alamo for your next trip to Orlando. You may find the Ford Explorer, GMC Terrain, Dodge Journey, and Hyundai Santa Fe in our Standard SUV category. Please feel free to message our team if we can answer any additional questions in the meantime. We hope to see you soon! - DA

Interesting as there are conflicting messages on wether explorer is standard suv or not, Alamo customer service say it is but folk in garage may say different.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Edge

Never ever ever ever accept a Dodge Journey
I also second this. We just returned yesterday and the line up in standard was poor. I ended up with a GMC Arcadia due to the little extras it had that suited me. The remote start full leather rear captain seats and sat nav. However my dad took a journey and it was small poor interior no working sat nav no way to link up iPhone for maps etc. He ended up taking it back to Alamo at Disney due to a service light coming on. He wanted to get something different as the journey was so cramped in the rear and so bloody hot, it didnt even have air vents in the roof for rear passenger and if you even dreamed of anyone on rear seats they were so hot and cramped. Unfortunately as its been said a number of times recently on here Alamo seem to be changing and at Disney all they had to offer was Dodge Journey in every colour. He did get a better spec this time with leather and rear vents but again no Apple play or sat nav. We did try to upgrade at the hut after seeing the original line up but Alamo wouldnt move on $50 per day for upgrade from standard suv full insurance to Explorer.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where dreams are made
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Proud to wear my Ears

I see Tom says never accept a Dodge Journey, but if there are no alternatives in the line, are you forced to take one?
I remember the line in 2015 having only two Dodge Journeys in it, and Alamo upgraded me without question. Sounds like Alamo have changed (and not in a good way). Starting to wish I had booked with another company now.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Gulf Coast
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
I see Tom says never accept a Dodge Journey, but if there are no alternatives in the line, are you forced to take one?
I remember the line in 2015 having only two Dodge Journeys in it, and Alamo upgraded me without question. Sounds like Alamo have changed (and not in a good way). Starting to wish I had booked with another company now.
If I was faced with a whole row of Dodge Journeys or similar garbage I would be in the CCC the next morning swapping it out for a better car. Those darn warning lights have me worried, plus the low tire pressure light!

Oh, wait. It's a Dodge they don't have warning lights do they. OK it pulls to the left.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Ocean Florida