Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 12 Jun 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchy
Getting to know the DIBB

I've also been looking at getting either magic flex or magic plus. We usually stay as Davy Crockett so I believe we would get the magic hours anyway? Is it also true that the black-out days don't count if you stay in a Disney hotel?
Also what's the "reserved entrance"?
Thanks
Stitchy is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
I've also been looking at getting either magic flex or magic plus. We usually stay as Davy Crockett so I believe we would get the magic hours anyway? Is it also true that the black-out days don't count if you stay in a Disney hotel?
Also what's the "reserved entrance"?
Thanks
- You always get EMT staying onsite so the type of pass wouldn't matter for this.
- Blackout days indeed do not apply if you're staying onsite.
- There's a reserved entrance for Magic Plus and Infinity passholders to each of the parks.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney World again!
Unread 12 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
Trying for More Ears

Are annual passes still good value if staying onsite or do they only work out well if staying at the much cheaper offsite hotels?

Reason I ask is that Ive only ever booked with the 25% off and free food offers, and Im wondering whether those deals are still better than an annual pass but then having to book hotels and food separate.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
They have changed recently though. Magic Plus has no EMT now, and no free use of the luggage storage room at the parks.

We were thinking of Plus till they changed it. Will stick to Flex now.
Is this the same rule if staying onsite? My hubby has a pass & is coming with us in Aug so hoping he can use EMH
He has Flex
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Galaxy's Edge & Coronado Springs.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Is this the same rule if staying onsite? My hubby has a pass & is coming with us in Aug so hoping he can use EMH
He has Flex
Currently staying onsite overrides blackout days & gives you EMT regardless of the type of pass you hold so you should be fine in August Both these perks are unofficial for the lower passes though & can be withdrawn at any time x
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th runDisney France!
Unread 13 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Are annual passes still good value if staying onsite or do they only work out well if staying at the much cheaper offsite hotels?

Reason I ask is that Ive only ever booked with the 25% off and free food offers, and Im wondering whether those deals are still better than an annual pass but then having to book hotels and food separate.
I think those deals tend to be a lot more expensive in the long run in comparison to an annual pass. Its also massively dependent on how many times you are going to visit.

My last trip was for sequoia lodge and came in at around 1k with flights. This was for 4 nights 5 days. Prior to this I booked trips for the same time frame 800-1k in price... this was New York and the Disney hotel (free upgrade). This is for 2 adults during the 2 nights free era and my last trip was 3 years ago.

Weve just bought the cheapest annual pass pushing a total of 350 for both all in. 5 nights 6 days at the Kyraid and flights coming in at a total of 420. That in its own is cheaper then any trip Ive had with an extra day and the benefit of hitting up Disney for most of the year. Ive looked into January as well which is 80 cheaper for the same package.

In the past weve always had breakfast on site as part of our deal followed by a snack during the day and a meal in the village on an evening. Not pricey at all when done properly.

I have also looked at the Disney hotels by themselves through Expedia and the prices are very reasonable if you dont include a park ticket as well.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP Pre Wedding
Unread 14 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
Trying for More Ears

Thanks that's very helpful. We have always stayed in Disney Hotels and our preference is to still do that if we get an annual pass - yet when I've looked at prices on hotel websites e.g. Expedia i'm getting prices of ~250 per night and that's without breakfast or a meal plan.

When we've booked packages our target price for 5 nights is 2000 for Newport Bay with half board included, so when you factor in hotel only prices and then adding a meal plan (half board) it's still coming to nearly the 2000 package figure. Struggling to see where AP savings come from versus the 25% off deals. Perhaps i'm missing something or I just need to bite the bullet and book offsite for it to work!
kenville is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Thanks that's very helpful. We have always stayed in Disney Hotels and our preference is to still do that if we get an annual pass - yet when I've looked at prices on hotel websites e.g. Expedia i'm getting prices of ~250 per night and that's without breakfast or a meal plan.

When we've booked packages our target price for 5 nights is 2000 for Newport Bay with half board included, so when you factor in hotel only prices and then adding a meal plan (half board) it's still coming to nearly the 2000 package figure. Struggling to see where AP savings come from versus the 25% off deals. Perhaps i'm missing something or I just need to bite the bullet and book offsite for it to work!
The hote discounts shouldnt be a factor I deciding because they arent that great. It works mostly if you want to go multiple times per year. Staying offsite makes it worth it. Also the shop and restaurant discounts and annual PhotoPass. I wouldnt buy an annual pass in the hopes of getting a hotel cheap though.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DISNEY WORLD TAKE TWO
Kenwood Travel