Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 12 Jun 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

No impact on our decisions to go; still visiting the US 3-4 times a year; already got the next 3 trips booked.
From memory, it's been hovering between 1.25-1.35 for the last 2-3 years so not a massive difference; in the few years before that, I believe it was around 1.40-1.50 and it's been a very long time since the heady days of 1.75-2.00!

As another said, we've also visited Europe when it was almost 1 to 1!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Indian Shores, 3rd US trip of 2019 in...
Unread 12 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Perfect
Gone all Goofy

There are only the 2 of us now, and we love visiting the US, not just Florida, so whilst we are still able and happy to do long haul, it wouldnt put us off. We have cut down on how much we spend in restaurants, share things or no starters. Doing our own breakfast and lunches where possible.

Its a long time since we were getting $2 to the pound, and coming home with a suitcase full of bargains!
Perfect is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

For me,it is what it is & thats not just the dollar,its a lot of other currencies as well.
When we go to Thailand,the baht is down,when we go to America,the dollar is down,when we go to Europe the euro is down,the Australian dollar is down etc etc,so we cant afford to let the exchange rate put us off,because its the same world wide.
I love my holidays too much,to stop going because of the exchange rate,so Ill have a little bit less showing on my bank balance,who cares lol,Ive had a real good holiday.
Thats my outlook
Tracy x
Unread 12 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

It wont really affect or decision to fo to the US.
When we go to florida, out eating habits have changed as we now BBQ 70% of the time and eat out the rest. Not because of cost, but just because we now prefer it and can do as good or a better job than a restaurant and enjoy it better. This has led to a significant saving that offsets much of the rate change.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Trying for More Ears

I love the USA & we usually go every 2 years, thinking next year Boston & Chicago.
We dont just do Orlando now as weve been so often 2 weeks is too much, we have cut down on the amount we spend in the Outlets though, when you add it up mine & the Hubbies spends ( he loves shopping too) could pay for another package holiday, I mean who needs another 3 new pairs of trainers

Edited at 05:02 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
San Fran Orlando Miami
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Im going to New York in the next couple of years, I cant wait till the exchange rate is better. Might have to eat cheap but Im going. Florida we would go but not shop, just chill and eat and forget the parks. (Cant imagine my daughter not shopping) lol

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Kefalonia, Klefitico, Olives, and sun
Sandra & co is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 12 Jun 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Spending on your Credit Card instead of paying cash is a better deal as well, exchange rate wise. We hardly take any cash at all now. Just for tips etc. Rarely do shopping, maybe a morning or afternoons worth out of the whole 3 weeks. You just dont get the bargains like you used to. Also QS instead of DP saves around 1000 once you include the tips.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Wishes
Unread 12 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

It doesnt stop me going anywhere, tbh, other than finding it increasingly difficult to find accommodation at a price Im willing to pay. I work in the public sector and have been earning more or less the same for almost 8 years now. Im still wanting to pay less than 100 equivalent per night for a room, but finding that these rarely exist now. Our 2 week spring holiday in Mallorca will be around 1600 next year, compared to just over 1k 3 years ago. It hurts when Im earning about 60 a month more since then, but Ill keep going while I can.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Canadian East Coast Cities
US Rent A Car