Notices

Old 17 Aug 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Fifty days remaining!
I'm so excited!

I'm hoping we might be able to snag some Jimmy Fallon tickets when they become available at the start of September. Keeping my eyes peeled for those.
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Decks09
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by laurac1988 View Post
Fifty days remaining!
I'm so excited!

I'm hoping we might be able to snag some Jimmy Fallon tickets when they become available at the start of September. Keeping my eyes peeled for those.

Ill keep my fingers crossed for u
Decks09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Ooooooooohmygod!

mediatogo.thewb/news/2014...-central-perk/

Could I BE any more excited about this?!

laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

I'm a little overexcited by this...
:cca t

Old 30 Sep 14, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Well... It's almost time! We go next Wednesday! My countdown is to midnight in near because our holiday officially kicks off on Tuesday.

So, what's left to do? Nothing really. Just three night shifts (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) - seems I'm a glutton for punishment. Either that or I forgot to book them off.. Mhhmm

The plan!
Tuesday - it's SIL's best friend's birthday, so we have a 10am reservation at Lady Dinah's Cat Cafe. Should be interesting. Cats and coffee, what's not to love? The dogs are being picked up at around 2pm to go to kennels, then after that it's off to the Healthrow Central Travelodge! Also, do OLCI at some pointment. Our seats are pre booked.

Wednesday - leave the hotel at 5am. Our flight is at 0830 so I want to get to the airport for when check in opens. I have my eye on Giraffe for breakfast. Then a mooch around duty free, a starbucks and then the flight! Arrive JFK
Post flight we'll be getting the Airtrain and then the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station. I expect our rooms probably won't be ready so we will leave our bags at the hotel and go for a mooch. We want to head down to Central Perk on the first evening, so I figure we will mooch down to there!

Thursday - VERY early start. We are getting "rush" tickets for Les Miserables, so will have to be parked outside the theatre box office at about 6am as they only have 20 (day) tickets a day and they are very popular. These tickets are $37 and tend to be top price seats, so at a venue of over $150. Worth the early start!
Once our tickets are secured, we'll be off to the Port Authority to catch the bus to Jersey Gardens Shopping mall for some retail therapy. We usually only end up being there for two org here hours, so will expect to be back mid afternoon.
Once we're back, probably a quick nap. Then get ready and head out for dinner (juniors!) and then Les Miserables!

Friday - Comic Con Day for my two companions. So they she'll be off geeking out for the majority of the day.
Me? Well I must be nuts because I have tickets booked for the coach to Woodbury Common outlet mall. Why nuts? Because it's the first day of the Columbus Day Sales...
Hoping to make it back early-ish as hopefully in the evening we are headed to Coney Island.

Saturday - more Comic Con for the dorks amongst us...
I'm not sure what I will be doing. I want to go to Macy's at some point as they already have their holiday section up and ready. I may also meet up with a couple of New Yorker friends for coffee. I just intend to be taking in the gorgeous city :-)

Sunday - Amy and Sarah have tickets for the Agents of SHIELD exhibition, and it's also a Comic Con Day. I won't imagine theY'll be at Comic Con much today though.
I'm thinking of doing a 9/11 memorial walking tour with a guide from the visitor center and maybe see if I can brave a look in Century 21.
In the evening Amy has tickets for a basketball game (NY Knicks versus... Someone else...) and Sarah and I will be having some mooch time.

Monday - high line. Chelsea Market. 9/11 museum and memorial. Possibly Queen's Center Mall.
In the evening Sarah and I are getting tickets for a new show called If/Then, which I am SUPER excited about. Like, STUPIDLY excited! I've been obsessing over the cast recording for about a month already... The anticipation is killing me!

Tuesday - some park time. General shopping. Want to do TOTR at sunset. Tony di Napoli for dinner.

Wednesday - Last day :-( If it's anything like previous last days we will be spending the first part of it scrabbling under beds and such looking for left over bits and bobs and hen wondering how to fit everything in our cases. We will likely just hang around midtown finishing up little bits that we want to do, before getting the bus back to the airport (Newark this time) at about 1830.
Old 30 Sep 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DapperDisNY
Serious Dibber

DapperDisNY's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks like a awesome trip. Coming up real sooooon!

Been meaning to get myself over to the SHIELD exhibition, but have been to lazy. Let me know how it is.

Look forward to reading the report.
DapperDisNY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

How exciting! Sounds like an action packed week for you!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 14, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Dollars are bought! ESTAs are done! Dogs' boarding is paid for!

Just some night shifts between me and Noo Yoik