Notices

Old 8 Apr 11, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Cant believe I've not updated anything, but then very little has happened until now.

Plans for the house/pet sitter fell through unexpectedly, and it has been a really stressful time trying to find an alternative a) that was available and b) that was suitable. Booked them into a new place but when we went to look at it, it was awful. Found another and its lovely, although the lady having them comes back from Florida and her honeymoon the day before we go. (Fingers crossed for no ash cloud!)

So, thats all sorted, forms still to fill out and money to get together. Cost £425 for the 18 days. They get on great with the other dogs and the house was lovely. Not as nice as staying at home, but still better than kennels.

Upgraded our seats on the flight today, so now in extra leg room seats for the Birmingham to Newark outbound and Newark to birmingham homebound. NOt worth upgrading for the internal legs, although its $39 each, and $160 dollars total (£100) for 2 1/2 hours its not really worth it.

Am looking at upgrading the villa, been sent some nice pics of an alternative villa on highgrove rather than highlands reserve, but it is much bigger, has pool., spa/jacuzzi, internet, as well as a games room. So debating on upgrading, but its an additional £156 for the 10 days . . .really dont know what to do.

API updated on continental site.

New car reg updated on valet car parking site.

And as I used my fairfx card to pay for the flight upgrade, Ive just uploaded another £300 at 161.1, highest rate its been since Ive been uploading in October. May even get some cash this weekend if it continues to go up.

Tickets for the baseball have come through.

But cannot get my head into planning the florida part of the holiday yet . . .so thats still to do . . .

So, lots happening with just over 6 weeks to go

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Today we booked an upgrade on the villa.

Gavin at Pillinger sent through pictures etc yesterday. We will rattle around in it I am sure, as its 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and there's only me and Bradley but it comes with a jacuzzi/spa as well as really lovely big pool, games room, internet, and its a named villa so I can relax knowing where we will be.

It is however on highgrove rather than highlands reserve, not much difference in distance, but with hesitations over the villa, at least knowing where I am, what I will be staying in will be a relief.

Its massive, but also over 2 floors which will also be nice . ..I miss going up stairs to bed . . .and having an ensuite with a tub will be bliss (I dont have a bath only a shower) . . .

Relief!
Old 10 Apr 11, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

I'm glad you've got your villa sorted.

The exchange rate is good just now. I have a Fairfx card which I have loaded money onto this week but I have spent most of it already. I am using it to book attraction tickets so we are now booked in for the NBC Studio Tour and the Radio City Music Hall Backstage Tour. I still want to book tickets for the Empire State Building, the Harry Potter Exhibition and Intrepid. I can't do this until I load the card again at the end of this month. So fingers crossed the exchange rate stays good.
Old 27 Apr 11, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Been keeping an eye out on goldstar and have just purchased tickets for a Twilight cruise on our first evening in NYC, on the Clipper City which is a tall ship.

Normal price would be $39 plus booking fee but we've just got a special price of $0.00 yes thats right $0.00 lol but an $8 booking fee. So its cost us $17 for the two of us. We wanted to do a harbour tour by boat, but wanted something a little different, so, we're going on the tall ship The Clipper City with Manhattan By Sail.

Know it will be late when we finished, but we have a trip to the baseball the next day so have a quieter day planned for our first full day.
Old 27 Apr 11, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

That's a great deal.

I've now also booked a guided tour on The Intrepid and the Harry Potter Exhibition.

Loading my Fairfx card tomorrow to book ESB tickets and tickets for the show How To Succeed in Business.

You must be getting mega excited now.
Old 27 Apr 11, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Most definitely

Unsure whether to book our intrepid tickets as we are there during Fleet Week so may go around one of the docked ships instead. Still need to book ESB tickets.

But there's some great deals coming through on goldstar at the moment so am holding off on things
Old 28 Apr 11, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

uploaded fairfx card with it being at 1.64, so another £250 on with $410
Old 2 May 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post

~ photopass purchased and all in place for photoshare.
~ ESTA information updated for New York destination for us both.
~ Bradleys clothes all bought for the holiday
~ travel pillows bought from £land
~ travel size suntan lotions bought
~ Spirit of the swamp booked for 31st May

Cant believe its 3 weeks today that we will head off to Birmingham.
Old 2 May 11, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Wow wow, what an amazing holiday you ave planned. It truly looks like you bre going to have such fun together.

Always fancied New York, so will be looking forward to the trippie

Take ar xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Only 3 weeks to go, you're really lucky. We still have the stress of DS's exams before we go. Looks like you are just about all organised.