Old 13 Jun 11, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Shortcake View Post
I know Carribean is cheaper but isn't it dearer with your flights ? We are in a D1 cabin AFT deck 10 room 1700..eeek can't wait to sip cocktails on me balcony We paid around £3800 for 3 adults departing from Southampton on the Independence for 2 weeks so i don't think its that bad
Will work on him when he see's how much of a fab time we have but wont be looking at going til 2013

Sorry forgot to say i checked how much if i booked now and its £5500 so glad i booked this last March
I've just had a look on RCI website for Med cruises from Southampton for next year and for the 4 of us in a D1 stateroom with balcony it's coming up as £7904 Our full 2 week trip to Florida next year including flights, cruise, car, log cab and spending money is coming in cheaper than this...

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place?

Would like to do a Med cruise with RCI but it just always seems really expensive for us

Sounds like you got a fab deal
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 11, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
It sounds fantastic, I've been keenly following your ideas on FB too!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 11, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Wow, just wow! Those log cabins look stunning! You will love Freedom, we went on her sister ship, Liberty back in April for a 5 night med cruise, and are going back on at the end of July for a week round the med I was really worried about seasickness for myself and the boys which is why we only booked a short cruise to begin with but we were all absolutely fine. I'm not sure the category of the cabin, but we were right at the back, Deck 10 which was directly under the Windjammer and we didn't hear a thing thank goodness, as I hadn't considered there might be any noise! We're in the same part of the ship next time, which would have been funny if our lovely cabin steward was still there but unfortunately (for us) she is going home in July.

I shall keep checking back here for any planning updates, but meanwhile I'm off to check out those cabins in more detail
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 11, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Sounds fab Marion, DH and Dom fancy a cruise but I'm not quite sure. I have an aunt in Savannah, and mum and dad have visited several times if you need any info on there.
Thanks Ann, I might need to bend your ear sometime about hotels in the Savannah area

I've always wanted to do a cruise, ever since I was a wee girl and it's always stayed with me. I just hope it's everything I think it's gonna be and i'm not disappointed

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
It sounds fantastic, I've been keenly following your ideas on FB too!
lol Thanks Joanne, as soon as I get an idea in my head I either post it on here or Facebook (or both!) so I can always go back and add things to it

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Wow, just wow! Those log cabins look stunning! You will love Freedom, we went on her sister ship, Liberty back in April for a 5 night med cruise, and are going back on at the end of July for a week round the med I was really worried about seasickness for myself and the boys which is why we only booked a short cruise to begin with but we were all absolutely fine. I'm not sure the category of the cabin, but we were right at the back, Deck 10 which was directly under the Windjammer and we didn't hear a thing thank goodness, as I hadn't considered there might be any noise! We're in the same part of the ship next time, which would have been funny if our lovely cabin steward was still there but unfortunately (for us) she is going home in July.

I shall keep checking back here for any planning updates, but meanwhile I'm off to check out those cabins in more detail
Did you do a trip report Jo? Would love to see pics and read about your cruise.

It was that Cruise critic forum that people kept going on about not having a restaurant/pool/or open deck area above you as you get a bit of noise... especially first thing in the morning when people are scrapping the sunbeds along the floor to position them and the same with the chairs in the Windjammer. I'm an old groutch if I don't be my sleep lol.

Enjoy looking at the log cabins on that website, there are some absolutely stunning ones and in my opinion they're not 'that' expensive (when you compare it to a Disney hotel for example).

If we like it enough then we'll probably go back again and stay for much longer and miss out the Florida part of the trip. I've always wanted to visit the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and these cabins would just top my holiday off
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 11, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
wow this sounds like a fabulous trip - I can just imagine sitting on the balcony watching the stars at the lodge.

Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
I've always wanted to do a cruise, ever since I was a wee girl and it's always stayed with me.

Does that have anything to do with watching The Love Boat? I only ask because that was my reason

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 11, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tom Morrow View Post
wow this sounds like a fabulous trip - I can just imagine sitting on the balcony watching the stars at the lodge.

Does that have anything to do with watching The Love Boat? I only ask because that was my reason
lol unfortunately no Jacqui... I don't think I even watched the Love Boat when I was younger
Old 15 Jun 11, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Wow, Marion - what a trip you have planned.

Love the look of the log Cabins - might well be something we'd consider in the future...

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 11, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Wow, Marion - what a trip you have planned.

Love the look of the log Cabins - might well be something we'd consider in the future...
Thanks Lynn,

They really do look beautiful and it's a stunning part of the states with lots to do in the area. Just hope we have enough time to do the things we want... if not then it's an excuse to return again another time

This is the trip report I got my inspiration from :

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=249059

It's a really good read with lots of idea's
Old 15 Jun 11, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
During our stay up in Tennessee we will be visiting Dollywood - Dolly Parton's theme park

dollywood/dollywood_home.aspx

Looks like lots of good rides and excellent things to do here. I'm getting quite excited about this trip now

A one day ticket for 4 is a little bit pricey at £140 but I don't think I could do this area with fitting in Dollywood. Plus we'll make a whole day of it and stay as long as possible. I'll keep an eye out for any special offers they might have on. Don't know if they do that type of thing like they do here at Alton Towers etc where you can collect tokens and get one child free with every full paying adult. This is something i'll need to look into

Last night I emailed the cabin rental company with a couple of questions and they were very prompt replying to me. They sent their reply 20 mins later and I was happy with the response to my questions.

Another thing I just found out this morning after reading their website in more detail is you just have to pay your deposit at the time of booking and the balance doesn't get paid until the day your check in

This is a big plus for me as i'll pay it on my CC which means I don't have to actually 'pay' for it until we get home. (i'll clear my credit card as soon as the bill comes in).

Still having difficulty in selecting our cabin though there's sooo many and they're all gorgeous.

We've decided on a one bedroomed cabin as there's quite a few on the website that sleep up to 8. It'll be nice for the boys to have a bed each for a change instead of sharing all the time...

... oh decisions decisions
Old 15 Jun 11, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post

Did you do a trip report Jo? Would love to see pics and read about your cruise.

It was that Cruise critic forum that people kept going on about not having a restaurant/pool/or open deck area above you as you get a bit of noise... especially first thing in the morning when people are scrapping the sunbeds along the floor to position them and the same with the chairs in the Windjammer. I'm an old groutch if I don't be my sleep lol.

Enjoy looking at the log cabins on that website, there are some absolutely stunning ones and in my opinion they're not 'that' expensive (when you compare it to a Disney hotel for example).

If we like it enough then we'll probably go back again and stay for much longer and miss out the Florida part of the trip. I've always wanted to visit the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and these cabins would just top my holiday off
Hi Marion, no I didn't do a trippie, although I should probably do one day and that would pretty much cover it! We didn't get off the ship, the kids were happy to just play in the pool all day long so that's what they did

I'm alternating between the Dibb & Cruise Critic at the moment, although they do seem a little harsh over there at times, there's certainly a lot less pixie dust
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List