Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 14, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Last minute car hire & hotels

Afternoon all,

When we (hopefully) go to Orlando in Nov' this year we will be booking our hotel & car hire on the day of depature as I get standby flights due to my job (which aren't confirmed until the day of depature).

Does anyone have experience of booking these late, are there good deals to be had etc...

Cheers
tolton is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

You are brave, I couldn't leave it that late, Disney for me is always booked 12 - 24 months in advance!

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No good deals on last minute car hire infact what you need to do is not just book the cheapest online as you need to ensure you have your voucher through straight away which will involve calling an agent to double check that they can issue it straight away so you can access and print it. The best service and good prices that I've received in this regard have been from usrentacar and netflights. I wouldn't recommend turning up without a pre-paid voucher as it's more expensive.

Good deals on last minute private condos and villas and maybe good deals on travelzoo for particular hotels but not across the board. Conversely there might be options to book earlier with decent voucher codes with the option to cancel up until last minute for no penalty. Just do some research on what type of hotel and area you like so you'll have that all under your belt and can decide quickly which deal suits you best.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I used to do this before the internet was invented ! so i'm sure it's easy now

I remember waiting for a confirmation fax (on that shiny roll of paper ) to come through from a car hire company 45 minutes after I should have left for the airport ... happy days

Not sure whether you will get a late deal - sometimes car hire can be cost more last minute but with hotels you should be able to pick up something reasonable - you could try hotwire or priceline (named) for a deal .

I went at 3 days notice last june and I didn't think car hire and hotels were any different priced from booking in advance.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've got to do it this way regrettably as I work for an Airline so my concession flights are standby and won't be confirmed until the day (although I'll have a fairly solid idea 48 hours beforehand). Trust me...I'd much rather be planning months in advance.

On the plus side we're going the second two weeks of November so flights will be super quiet and should get on ok.
tolton is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread