Notices

Old 23 Feb 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Ohh we are staying at metro in 17 days! We found iy cheaper to book a package with ba too
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 14, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Ohh we are staying at metro in 17 days! We found iy cheaper to book a package with ba too
Have a good trip. The metro is obviously a popular hotel.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Your countdown is teeny! I'm the planner too, poor Ben just comes along for the ride NY is next on my to do list so be interesting to take some notes! Your hair is lovely!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 14, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Your countdown is teeny! I'm the planner too, poor Ben just comes along for the ride NY is next on my to do list so be interesting to take some notes! Your hair is lovely!
I know it's going by so quickly! Can't believe it's nearly March already. Need to get my skates on and get things booked. Aw thank you
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 14, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Must sees and dos

We have been busy the past week booking all our attraction tickets. Here is a list of our must sees and dos. I still need to finalise the last details of our itinerary but so far it is looking good.

Top of the Rock

Having heard the view is much much better up here than it is from the ESB we decided to just do TOTR. We’re hoping to go up just before sunrise so we get to see the view in both the daylight and nightlight. This iconic picture (Lunch atop a skyscraper) is one of my favourite images of all time not just of New York and it’s actually in our kitchen.

Empire State Building

Whilst we aren’t planning on going up to the top we will be having a wander around the foyer area and take a few pics. It’s an iconic building so we can’t not say we didn’t visit. Our hotel has a great rooftop bar with a view of ESB so will be having a few drinks there to take in the view.

Brooklyn Bridge

Hoping to do this on our last day in the city. Again an iconic structure in NYC so we can’t not do this. We’re planning on walking over from Manhattan and then possibly walking back or may get the subway depending on time.

Statue of Liberty

I have seen the statue in Paris which is tiny in comparison to Lady Liberty. We were just planning on doing the free staten island ferry but DBf wanted to visit the Ellis Island Museum so we will get an upclose view of SOL too. We have only booked Pedestal access but may not even use it as we only really want to take some pictures and then go on to Ellis Island.

Ellis Island

Both myself and John have family who immigrated to the US in the early 1900s so we are hoping we may be able to find our family names. We have already done so digging to find their year of arrival so hopefully that will help us in our search.

Central Park

I’ve already marked off so of the places we’d like to see here (such as Bethesda Fountain, Bow Bridge, Strawberry Fields and the Alice in Wonderland Statue). It looks so peaceful and tranquil amongst the noise and chaos of the city. I love seeing pictures of central park with skyscrapers in the background for this reason.

The High Line Park

Having seen other people’s trip reports who have visited this it just looks amazing! I love the fact it is built upon an old rail line and has turned what once would have been an eyesore into something beautiful mixing the old with the new.

9/11 Memorial

It’s a shame the 9/11 museum won’t be opening until a few weeks after we visit but we will get a chance to visit the memorial to pay our respects. We have booked the walking tour which is given by either a family member, survivor, or someone directly involved in some way (such as police officer, firefighter etc.) For anyone interested more info is here tributewtc

Yankees vs Mets

Having never been to watch any American sports before we are very excited to be watching this game at the Yankees Stadium. Neither of us know much about baseball so will be there for the atmosphere and hopefully pick up the rules along the way.

Hush Hip Hop Tour

Both of us are fans of hip hop and RnB music so what better way than to visit the birthplace of Hip Hop! This tour is run and guided by old hip hop legends and visits some legendary places like the Apollo Theater. The tour goes around Harlem and Queens so looking forward to visiting those areas.

Big Apple Greeter

We have requested a greeter for our stay but as of yet haven’t heard anything. We didn’t request a particular area so have no idea where it will be if we do get one.

Broadway Show

This is one of the few things we still have left to book. We would ideally like to see either Jersey Boys, Kinky Boots or Aladdin. I have recently seen that Denzel Washington is starring in a play until the end of June but the only tickets left for our dates are the premium ones.

The Met

If we can fit this in we'd love to have a wander around here for a few hours. John loves museums and could spend all day in them if he could but I tend to get bored. I've heard good things about The Met though so hoping it will keep me entertained for a good few hours.

Next Update: Broadway Tickets Booked!

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Old 18 Mar 14, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Giving me some great ideas for our trip.
Old 18 Mar 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Wow 50 days - we fly the same day as you and it is really coming round fast! Your must do's look great. We have also booked the pedestal access, couldn't decide whether to do the crown and then the tickets were no longer available so decision made! So excited to be going - reading all the trip reports to get ideas!
Old 21 Mar 14, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
Giving me some great ideas for our trip.
Thanks for reading.
Old 21 Mar 14, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
Wow 50 days - we fly the same day as you and it is really coming round fast! Your must do's look great. We have also booked the pedestal access, couldn't decide whether to do the crown and then the tickets were no longer available so decision made! So excited to be going - reading all the trip reports to get ideas!
It is flying by it only seems like yesterday that we booked to go. Same I'm reading everyone's trip pies for some inspiration.
Old 21 Mar 14, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Nice start. We did NY in November last year and had am amazing time! Its such a beautiful city!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List