Notices

Old 21 Sep 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Oooh Abi I've just found this! What a brilliant trip you have planned . Looking forward to following along. I really wanted to go to Dylan's Candy Bar in NY but we didn't manage to fit it in, next time hopefully!

Edited to add - I've just noticed its in the 'Disney Cruise & other cruise lines' pre-trips section. Might want to see if you can get it moved so nobody misses out x

Edited at 07:05 PM.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

I knew another trip would come along soon...
Toronto is getting so close now. Any last minute tips?

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Oooh Abi I've just found this! What a brilliant trip you have planned . Looking forward to following along. I really wanted to go to Dylan's Candy Bar in NY but we didn't manage to fit it in, next time hopefully!

Edited to add - I've just noticed its in the 'Disney Cruise & other cruise lines' pre-trips section. Might want to see if you can get it moved so nobody misses out x
Ooh thanks for spotting that, ill try and get it moved

I know, its such a great trip, we are so happy we are getting to show the MIL a few different places. Hopefully she will love NYC as much as we do! Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
I knew another trip would come along soon...
Toronto is getting so close now. Any last minute tips?
Yes it was never going to be an infinite break from trips was it?

Toronto... our favourite bits were Jack Astors, Keg Steakhouse & the Islands which were so beautiful. It's just a great city with a very safe feel to it. Hope you have a fab time!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amymiller
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned, 3 epic destinations and the rough plan has a good mix of things, love that dinner for each day has been thought about

Will look forward to hearing more about it and reading the trip report!
amymiller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by amymiller View Post
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned, 3 epic destinations and the rough plan has a good mix of things, love that dinner for each day has been thought about

Will look forward to hearing more about it and reading the trip report!
Well food is the most important part isn't it

Thanks for reading along!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update - NYC Explorer pass purchased

I went ahead & ordered these on Friday. Attraction Tickets Direct had them at £57.00 each for the 3 activity passes. This will cover us for the ESB, TOTR & the HOHO bus tour (uptown & downtown). We have bought Laura's for her & plan to give her it as part of her Christmas gift so she has less to save for.

Old 10 Oct 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update - NYC Snacks

I've reached a planning lull so in regular Abi & Aaron trip report fashion I'll move onto the food As we start the trip in NYC, I guess that's where I'll begin!

In what is almost a direct copy form our last NYC trip, here are my must eat snacks during our stay!

The infamous Cronut @ The Domonique Ansel Bakery
This will be the 3rd attempt at getting one of these! In 2013 the queue was ridiculous so we didn't even try. In 2015 we made it into the shop but the Cronuts has sold out (even though we could see them being made in the background! I mean... how unfair)! Third time lucky?

Various Mexican Noms @ Los Tacos (Chelsea Markets)
A must have snack for us, so fresh, so yummy & pretty cheap too!

Bar Suzette (Chelsey Market)
Now this is another double up as we did manage to get one last time! We opted for ham & cheese and it was incredible. This time I might have a go at this Goats Cheese one!

A real NY Bagel @ Absolute Bagels
This location may change but i'm determined to try a freshly cooked bagel, toasted with cream cheese! Drool!

Brownies @ The Fat Witch Bakery (Chelsea Markets)
OMG these are sooo sooo good! The caramel ones are just dreamy so I may have to stock pile them for the rest of our trip!

Stickys Finger Joint
This looks right up our street! Deep fired chicken strips with various toppings! Yes please! There are a few that look good!

Caramel Cupcake @ The Magnolia Bakery
A must have snack that eluded me in 2013 & 2015!

Pretzels
Again, this could be from anywhere but I absolutely adore a fresh Pretzel!

Yuzu Meringue Tart @ Epicerie Boulud
I came within touching distance of this in 2013 but we seemed to be ignored by all the staff at the bakery and so left in a huff. I've regretted it ever since. This time it's mine! Just look at the beauty!

Caramel Pretzels @ Applebees
These have been on my list for a while! How yummy do they look!?

So, my challenge is to fit all these in as well as coupious breakfasts, lunches & dinners in a 2.5 day period! No problem right?

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Old 13 Oct 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Your plans look amazing, 3 great locations! I want to do something along these lines for my boyfriends birthday.

I had wanted to do a westcoast drive, but he doesn't have a license yet and I don't want to be main driver. So something like this would be perfect.

Out of curiosity, do yo know if the smores hot chocolate is available in the Orlando Hash House? (I'm pretty sure thats what your MIL is drinking?)...

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Your plans look amazing, 3 great locations! I want to do something along these lines for my boyfriends birthday.

I had wanted to do a westcoast drive, but he doesn't have a license yet and I don't want to be main driver. So something like this would be perfect.

Out of curiosity, do yo know if the smores hot chocolate is available in the Orlando Hash House? (I'm pretty sure thats what your MIL is drinking?)...
I believe Hash House have the same menu location wide so the S'mores Hot Choccie should be available. I can also recommend the Chicken & Waffles! Yum!

I'm really looking forward to this trip. We have managed them all before separately but the 3 together should make for an amazing trip!

Definitely worth waiting until you can both share the driving for a West Coast trip. We did San Fran to San Diego in 2014 and shared the driving, it wouldn't have been fun to do it all myself,
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yay, another trip report from you 😄

All your plans sound fab so far.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List