Notices

Old 23 Oct 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Lol you might be right, we just typed in google where's warm in Europe at winter and Tenerife or Madeira looked the best... eldest daughter off at same time to Tenerife with her boyfriend and we didn't want to look like we would be spying 👀 on them lol so Madeira won.
Have a great time 😀😀
Thanks and you lovely!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by amymiller View Post
Wow bargain flights!

Looking forward to reading the trippie, Berlin is somewhere I'd like to visit myself.
Thank you, have a great time in Hong Kong 😍😍😍
Old 23 Oct 16, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Look forward to reading it. We're going at Easter so will be keen to hear all about it.
Oh cool! It seems a popular place lately!
Old 23 Oct 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Tuesday 8th November

Our flight is a very early morning one at 6:45 so we need to leave the house at 4am to get to EMA for 2 hours before the flight.
There's a few options for breakfast but I'm not sure I'll want anything that early!

We are due to land just before 10am, I am weighing up getting the Berlin welcome card (€35 each) or getting a single trip to Alexanderplatz to our hotel.
If I do this will be for 4 days and is bought from Terminal A in the Main Hall at Schoenfield Airport.

There is an airport express train due (RE7 or RB14) which would be €3.30 each or the S9 to Berlin Ostkreuz then the S7 from there to Alexanderplatz.

As it'll be noonish by the time we get to the hotel (based on Google timetables) & check in is 3 PM the room probably won't be ready hopefully we can leave the case with left luggage.

We will get the S5/S7/S75 from Alexanderplatz to Berlin Zoo and walk to Hard Rock at Kurfurstendamm to get a magnet for our collection 😍

From there it's the U2 to Berlin Mall (Lunch will be calling! ) Maybe a Currywurst!

Also at Berlin Mall - Butlers (hoping they have a Disney section)

Ben is hoping to do the Brewery tour at Stone (€3) for 5:30 so we will get the S2 to Attilastrasse.

There is a food menu here - the duck tacos or smoked belly pork sound so nice!

It probably won't be a late one back to the hotel as the early start will have wiped us out!

Edited at 10:49 PM.
Old 23 Oct 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Good price there. I love little trips abroad. Have never done Berlin.
Old 23 Oct 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Good price there. I love little trips abroad. Have never done Berlin.
Thanks Geoffa, quite looking forward to it - it's been a while since I did history at school!

I'm surprised you've not, I can imagine you're quite knowledgeable on a lot of it and would find it quite interesting to see the sights
Old 30 Oct 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

9 Days To Go!

Not quite a big holiday single digits but still 😏

Still working on the next couple days plan, hoping to get them done today!

Changed our Euros - rate of 1.09 😭😭😭

5 work days left, Mary Poppins next weekend!

So many people I've talked to Berlin about have told me how much they love it, is good I've not heard any negatives!

Weather is expected to be in single digits so prepared for the cold! That'll teach me to research better! We did go to DLP a few years ago end of November so as long as no snow I'll be happy!❄☃🌬
Old 30 Oct 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Oops - duplicate post.

Edited at 01:39 PM. Reason: duplicate post
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We always visit a Hard Rock wherever we go - don't miss the funky Trabant! Curry Wurst is everywhere - we stayed on Knesebeckstrasse off Ku'Dam close to Kaiser Wilhelm Church, KeDeWe dept store (nice top floor cafe) and Europa Centre - love Berlin - have a fab trip!
If you ever go to Munich their HRC is next door to the fab Augustiner Bierkeller🍺🍺
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We went late in November last year. Pretty cold but similar to UK.

Absolutely loved it and hope to go back soon. Highlight for me was the guided tour of the old Stasi Prison. (Gedenkstaette Berlin-Hohenschoenhausen)

Also bought a Brandenburg ticket (29 Euro and does up to 5 people) and took the train across the border to spend a few hours in Stettin.