Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Feb 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas food pics

Hi, just thought people might wanna see my Oasis of the Seas food pics! The food was fab!

LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing the pictures but I have to disagree, compared to other cruise lines the food is just average. It doesn’t look like it hasn’t changed since we were on the oasis. It’s the food that put us off booking the ship again. Everything else was just fabulous.
Old 2 Feb 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I thought it was good however we went on the Navigator a couple of years ago and we thought that was better. The food in the main dining room wasn't as good on Oasis and we actually did eat more in the windjammer this time. Overall I still thought it was nice though. Maybe I need to try another cruise line! I wonder which one has the best food reviews.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I thought it was good however we went on the Navigator a couple of years ago and we thought that was better. The food in the main dining room wasn't as good on Oasis and we actually did eat more in the windjammer this time. Overall I still thought it was nice though. Maybe I need to try another cruise line! I wonder

which one has the best food reviews.
We spent two weeks on the Oasis (two back to back cruises), we had to get off the ship between cruises, we were all taken to a holding room, we could see the food being loaded into the ship for the next week. There were thousands and thousands of plated food being put on board, sweets, main courses, I could see there was no meat so they just cook the meat and heat up the food on the plate and add the meat and gravy. We were rather naive thinking the kitchen could cook for 4-5000 guests per meal. It’s practically a frozen dinner they were serving.

P&O, Costa and Holland America have great food.
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing, it all looks great. We are on the Allure in June, hope you had a great cruise
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I thought it was good however we went on the Navigator a couple of years ago and we thought that was better. The food in the main dining room wasn't as good on Oasis and we actually did eat more in the windjammer this time. Overall I still thought it was nice though. Maybe I need to try another cruise line! I wonder which one has the best food reviews.
We thought Royal Caribbean food was fantastic. We went on Harmony of the Seas last November. We did do a few of the extra cost speciality restaurants though. The food in Wonderland was unlike anything I had ever eaten. Chops grille and Central Park 150 were also top class. There was something for everyone. I don’t really like buffets but our teenagers do.

Thanks for going to trouble of posting your photos. I am a bit annoyed with myself that I didn’t take any food photos to share !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Iam glad you enjoyed the food, and a little jealous too

The food on our RCCI in autumn 2016 was so awful that my DH won't go cruising ever again.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
We spent two weeks on the Oasis (two back to back cruises), we had to get off the ship between cruises, we were all taken to a holding room, we could see the food being loaded into the ship for the next week. There were thousands and thousands of plated food being put on board, sweets, main courses, I could see there was no meat so they just cook the meat and heat up the food on the plate and add the meat and gravy. We were rather naive thinking the kitchen could cook for 4-5000 guests per meal. It’s practically a frozen dinner they were serving.

P&O, Costa and Holland America have great food.
That's interesting, maybe its the size of the ship because I did a galley tour on Navigator and they were making everything- cakes, soups, sauces, bread, someone peeling all the veg- They have a team that is employed just to peel potatoes. Obviously Navigator is a lot smaller than Oasis so maybe more manageable. I wouldn't like to be in charge of cooking for 4-5000 guests.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List