Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Sep 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

"Magic"al Norway and Iceland Disney Cruise - Copenhagen - Tivoli Gardens - 15th August 2018

After the boat trip we took a walk to Tivoli Gardens.

Today was the 175th Anniversary of the park and I imagined it was going to be heaving - it wasn't though.

For those of you who don't know, Walt Disney visited the park before her opened Disneyland in California. He was said to be inspired by it and walking around the park, you can see things which remind you of Disney.

In honour of Tivoli's birthday, Disneyworld would have a float in the parade which we were looking forward to seeing.

You can buy entrance to the park or you can add an unlimited ride pass or you could buy tokens for rides. Most rides would be about 3 tokens which was about £10/£12 each ride! The unlimited worked out better value for money, but none of us were fussed about the rides.

We wandered around, sat on some deck chairs and grabbed an icecream for my eldest and a crepe for my youngest.

We waited around for an hour or so near the stage sitting in deck chairs waiting for the parade to start.

There was no white tape to stand behind or Cast Members directing you - it was very low key and like a minature parade, both in length and size!

We eagerly waited for the Disney float, but we soon realised the parade had finished and there was no sign of it.

Someone from our cruise Facebook page asked the staff what had happened to it and they said "it wasn't working today". Today of all days - on the anniversary of the place that inspired Disney, the float broke down!

They did let them though go behind the gates to see the floats though!

I was happy that someone else had posted photos of the parade from the day before.

We got our hand stamped, so that we could go back to Tivoli late and we walked back to the hotel via 7-11 to buy some more mini pizzas and bought another couple of bottles of wine for the cruise.

A few months ago I was disappointed to read that the Tivoli fireworks had been cancelled due to Health and Safety because of the heatwave they had had as everything was so dry. We decided that we could see the laser show which was meant to be very good.

So I was really pleased to see on the programme while we there earlier in the day that there would be fireworks to mark the anniversary.

We sat and relaxed in some deck chairs again and waited for the laser show. Everything looked lovely all lit up.

The lasers show was nice and set to music.

When it had finished we walked to the green to wait for the fireworks and when we got there some classical music was playing.

The fireworks were so good, went on for quite a while and were so loud! The music had stopped from earlier and there was no music to go with the fireworks. I think the music would have made it even more spectacular, but maybe I as am just used to Disney!

The fireworks didn't start until about 11pm, so once they had finished and we popped to McDonalds for some dinner, it was quite late by the time we got back to the hotel.

Our cruise was starting the next day and we were excited but sad to be leaving the lovely city of Copenhagen.

Steps walked today: 24,253

Edited at 12:31 AM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

What a beautiful city. Your photos are great. Looking forward to the cruise, thank you for taking the time to post a report. x
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day, as you mentioned we missed the fireworks when we visited mid July but we have a cruise booked from Copenhagen next July so hopefully we will see them then.
Glad the day went well & like the photos
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Sounds like a great day, as you mentioned we missed the fireworks when we visited mid July but we have a cruise booked from Copenhagen next July so hopefully we will see them then.
Glad the day went well & like the photos
Cheers
Les

Oh - I hope you get to see them.

Where is your cruise going to?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
What a beautiful city. Your photos are great. Looking forward to the cruise, thank you for taking the time to post a report. x
Thank you - you are welcome.
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Come on come on - we need the next instalment!

Joa
Old 17 Sep 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Come on come on - we need the next instalment!

Joa

He he - I will get the next bit done today.

I will be on my next holiday before I get this finished!
Old 20 Sep 18, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Oh - I hope you get to see them.

Where is your cruise going to?

We are cruising with NCL round the Baltics, just waiting to book flights next week & hoping we can bag a bargain flight
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Tivoli Gardens is one of the places on my bucket list
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List