Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Sep 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

"Magic"al Norway and Iceland Disney Cruise - Copenhagen - Disney Magic - 16th August 2018

As we didn't need to check out of our hotel until 11, we decided to take a walk and see if we could see the Magic.

It was quite easy to spot who was going on the cruise walking around Copenhagen - - they all had Disney T-shirts, hoodies, hats or Mickey ears on!

We went back to the hotel to pack up the last few bits before leaving.

As we checked out, an American family noticed our Disney T-shirts and asked if we going on the cruise - they had just got off the Magic and done Russia and Finland. They were Gold members and had had a great time.

We had booked a taxi to the port and it was about a 10 minute drive. It started to cloud over a bit, but the forecast was good for the Adventures Away Deck Party.

The departure lounge was heaving, but it was all very well organised. We boarded at 12:30. Unfortunately our family name wasn't announced as we entered on Deck 2. That is such a nice touch on the Dream. I think it happened on the Wonder.

I had tried to book Palo online for the last sea day, but it was sold out. I knew from when we went to Alaska, that they keep tables back so you are able to book when you get onboard. We waited in the Promenade Lounge to check availability and mange to book a table for Brunch at 12:30 on the last sea day, so a nice end to the cruise.

NOTE: When we went for our meal, Palo was half empty, so if you are unsuccessful at booking online, do try and book when you go onboard.

We went for our traditional first buffet lunch at Cabanas. It was busy, but we did manage to find a table. As usual the food was really good.

Next was a quick look around Oceaneers to see all the Marvel stuff and then the girls registered at Vibe which has recently been done up and is like a New York loft apartment.

The weather was nice, so we sat on deck for a bit and had an ice-cream - I wish I had taken advantage and had more of those ice-creams over the 10 days. We only found on the last night that they had mint!

By now our state rooms were ready and as always we were very impressed with the room.

We went to the safety drill and our muster station was in Animator's Palete and then it was up for Adventures Away Party and it was a lovely day for it.

The girls then went to Vibe to meet up with a group of teenagers who were the children of people I was on a Facebook page specifically for our cruise. They had been talking on a group chat and had arranged to meet. Unfortunately the girls only went back once after this as they didn't feel that they wanted to join in. My youngest said that when she goes on holiday she wanted to be with us. I didn't want to force them.

They did stay for 2 1/2 hours though, so we went to the adult hot tub before going back to the room and unpacking.

We decided not to go the show as it was on the next evening, so we just leisurely got ready for our first meal at Rapunzel's Royal Table. We were on the second seating at 8.30.

We were on Table 75 and we met our servers for the 10 days. We had Graziela from Brazil and Mariaelena from Italy. They were both lovely and although we have had good servers in the past, these two ladies were so lovely and Graziea was excellent. We are now in contact via FB - if we ever go back on the Magic, we will request her.

The restaurant had been revamped when it s in dry dock and it had a lovely atmosphere and theme. Rapunzel is my eldest (almost 18!) favourite Disney character and Tangled her favourite film, so we were looking forward to this one and we were not disappointed.

The food as usual on the cruise was excellent and it was great to have the App on our phones to look at the menu before we got there. Occasionally, there were changes when we got to the restaurant.

For starters we had Calamari

Salmon Fish Cake

Lobster Salad

For main course or entrée we had

Pork Loin

For dessert were had

Crème Brulee

Mango Cheese Cake

We also had a Mint Choc Sundae which I don't seem to have a photo of.

After dinner, the girls went to Vibe to the Ice Breakers and we went to Fathoms to se Hector's Magic Show - so good!

We then went to D Lounge to watch Family Karaoke and popped to O'Gills to grab a late night snack - something else we didn't take advantage of!

It was a bot rough in the night and the girls did wake up - we didn't!

Steps walked today: 12,668

Edited at 05:10 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

A great first day on board. I'm reading this with great interest as this is my dream cruise ☺
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Ahhh my favourite Graziela!

We always book Palo brunch on the last sea day as it enables us to have a lazy morning, troff, then pack in the afternoon before eating again at dinner!

Look forward to day 2 of the cruise.

Joa
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
A great first day on board. I'm reading this with great interest as this is my dream cruise ☺
It was a great cruise with great ports, especially Iceland.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Ahhh my favourite Graziela!

We always book Palo brunch on the last sea day as it enables us to have a lazy morning, troff, then pack in the afternoon before eating again at dinner!

Look forward to day 2 of the cruise.

Joa

Not sure how we managed to eat again later!
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great 1st day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List