Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Dec 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Our French and Belgian Adventure August 2018: Day Ten - Walt Disney Studios Parc

Day Ten: Tuesday 28th August 2018 – Walt Disney Studios Parc

Index

Sorry about such a long delay, it's been really hectic at work and we've had some busy weekends too.

We were awoken by our alarm at 7am as today we planned to make extra magic hours. We had breakfast in the Golden Forest Lounge and arrived at the Walt Studios at 8.30am. There was a very big queue to get in. Owen ran for Crush whilst the boys and I joined a small queue at Guest Services. We’d read online that if you have a Mastercard you can pre-book seats for any of the shows. By the time we got to the front, after 20 minutes, all the tickets for Mickey and the Magician were gone and we got tickets for what I thought was the Superheroes show for 11.15am (more on that later).

Owen had text me to say the queue for Crush was already 30 minutes but I told him to go for it. He’d never ridden it last year so that was our aim for today. As we’d knew he’d still be in the queue by the time we were finished, the boys and I slowly walked round to meet him, taking some photos on the way.

As we were about to find a spot to look for Daddy on the ride, he found us and said he was glad he went on as it was now a 70 minute and only around 9am! We decided to do some rides now. Owen took the boys on cars, taking turns, as I can’t do spinning and then we went to Slinky dog. All were no more than 10 minute wait times. In the queue for slinky dog, we managed to secure a Buzz meet and greet using the lineberty app (this was at 9.45am). It was for 2 hours time.

By the time we finished, it was now 10am, so we used our Hotel FP for Ratatouille. There wasn’t anything else in that park we could all use it for. Hayden liked the ride but Ashley got scared so that was the only time we rode it. Next up was Aladdin’s Flying Carpets, which had a 20 minute wait but was more like 30 minutes. The park was getting really busy now and hot! The boys ate snacks in the line so the time went quickly. We enjoyed this one. It was now nearly 11 and I was panicking about the show as the time was 11.15am so we rushed over there and it was empty!?! Did I get the wrong time? Were we too late? Owen took the ticket and asked. Well silly me, the tickets were actually for the Stunt Show! We saw it last year and as Hayden didn’t like the gunfire and explosions, we didn’t want to do it again. We decided to give it a miss, with me feeling really stupid for not reading them properly!

There was an 11.30am showing for Disney Junior in English so we decided to do that instead. The boys absolutely loved it and were dancing and shouting/singing along.

Although it’s outdated, the kids do love it. Whilst we were in there, the app flashed to say it was our turn next for Buzz so we rushed over to the other side of the park. We chatted to a lovely man from the UK, who was with his son. Hayden loved meeting Buzz but Ashley didn’t like him. We later worked out he didn’t like human-looking characters, only the animal ones.

It was now nearly 1 and we were all hungry. We’d read online about some temporary food stalls up in the park over the summer, a bit like Epcot food and wine festival so we decided to try them. I had to try the vegan one which was deserted. I got falafel with vegan yogurt and a lentil dhal for 11 Euros. Both were delicious and no one wanted to share with me, their loss! Owen and the boys were obviously missing Belgium as they shared waffles and frites, which cost 9 Euros. We shared the drinks and snacks we already had.

It was now 1.15pm. The queues were massive and it was hot and incredibly busy. I think this was the busiest day and the weather played a role in that. Art of Animation was nearby so we thought it would be cool and quiet so we went there. We had to wait about 10 minutes but the CM there was great and so much fun. He stole Hayden’s hat and put it on upside down and kept doing funny voices! The show was okay and we listened to the English commentary through headphones. The drawing class at the end had a massive queue, but Hayden really wanted to do it so I waited with him while Owen went outside with Ashley. We missed the first session so watched us but got to do the next one which was drawing Mishoo from Mulan. Hayden really loved this. I assisted him but would have loved to have done it myself. It’s a shame they don’t have a larger capacity. We ended up leaving here at 2.45pm!

Owen had managed to get a Meet and Greet with Woody whilst we were there. Queue times were all rides were ridiculously long so we decided to have some ice lollies whilst we waited. It came to 13 Euros for 4. The wasps were really pestering us though. By the time we had finished, it was time to meet Woody. This time Hayden just did it as Ashley didn’t like Buzz so we figured he wouldn’t like Woody either!

After this, we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel. Owen had a horrid headache so I took the boys down to afternoon snacks in the GF lounge (which were identical to the day before) and the gift shop so he could have some peace. Hayden chose some Incredibles 2 figurines, Ashley chose a Mickey plush which is his favourite toy in the whole world now and I got a Ratatouille/Paris ornament to go with our Mickey/Paris one we have at home. Total was 62 Euros. When we went back up to the room, Owen was still really unwell and had been sick. We had originally planned on eating at the Rainforest Café for dinner but there was no way I was taking them both so I popped down to Earl of Sandwich and got us the following:

Owen – ham and swiss
Me – veggie
Ashley and Hayden – kid’s meal deal each of pizza, drink and desert.

We had drinks and crisps in the room so used that to supplement our sandwiches. Total was 29.80 Euros.

The boys played and watched some TV before we all turned in for an early night.

Total spends: 124.84 Euros.