Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 28 Dec 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The Universal parks are always busiest on the weekends, so we generally pick a week day, Disney is just busy all the time! Epcot can be one to avoid if there is something on that includes Food & drink booths, as this is when the pub crawl crowd go.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wycombedad View Post
We're lucky enough to have an extended time in Florida next March as part of a longer visit to the USA. A lot of thought's gone into it but now I'm putting together a park schedule with Fastpass booking in mind at the end of the month.

For a bit of context, there's five of us, three kids 10-18, we're flying into Miami on the 19th February, spending a few days down there, dropping off our big luggage at our friend's villa, and heading over to New Orleans for a few more days (somewhere we've always wanted to see).

That gets us back in Winter Haven, where the villa is, for a rest day before our adventure in Orlando kicks off.

I took advantage of the Blue Friday Discovery Cove offer (didn't imagine we'd be able to afford that too!), and have bought 21 day Disney and 14 day Universal tickets. Plus a day at the Kennedy Space Centre.

I've also done a throwaway booking at Fort Wilderness to give us free parking for the first two days, extra magic hours at MK and Epcot, and 60 day fastpass access.

We're regular DLP visitors so we're pretty used to making the most of four to five days, but a whole month is a different prospect. I went as a kid, but it's the first time for the rest of the family.

So with that all in mind, here's my initial plan for your thoughts.
The idea is to hit Disney hard with some rope drops the first four days, then ease off, visiting the parks during weekdays and mostly taking the weekends off for rest days and other activities. I've used busy park days here and on TouringPlans to target lower days.

Disney gets the focus the first three weeks, trying to make the most of the quieter period before Spring Break kicks off. Universal gets the latter two weeks and Seaworld parks is mostly the last two too.
Weekends are in bold to give structure to it.

Day 1 MK - rope drop (maybe) and evening EMH
Day 2 Epcot - early magic hours
Day 3 AK - rope drop to get to Pandora
Day 4 HS - bit of a later start with FPs for SDD I hope.
Day 5 Sunday Rest Day

Day 6 Blizzard Beach half day (weather dependent)
Day 7 HS-Epcot park hop
Day 8 MK - another full day
Day 9 AK - later start if we get FPs
Day 10 HS-Epcot
Day 11 Saturday rest
Day 12 Sunday rest

Day 13 Blizzard beach if we fancy it
Day 14 Kennedy Space Centre
Day 15 ?
Day 16 ?
Day 17 Busch gardens (start Seaworld 14 day passes)
Day 18 Discovery Cove (Saturday)
Day 19 MK (St Patrick's Day)

Day 20 Typhoon Lagoon (first day it reopens, great timing!)
Day 21 Universal Harry Potter focus (huge fans) - rope drop
Day 22 Universal day 2
Day 23 Seaworld
Day 24 Busch gardens
Day 25 Saturday rest
Day 26 Sunday rest

Day 27 Universal day 3
Day 28 Volcano Bay
Day 29 Rest
Day 30 Busch gardens second day if wanted
Day 31 Seaworld second day if wanted
Day 32 Rest and packing
Day 33 Final universal day

So that's 12 actual days at Disney parks inc. water parks, 5 days at Universal including VB, and 5 at Seaworld parks including Discovery Cove.

After this we're driving up the east coast to see friends, and stop off in Washington and three days in New York to finish before we fly home.

Really it's only the Disney stuff that needs tightening up due to fast pass booking, but I'd love any thoughts on it all. Reading these forums have been so useful already and I'm keen to get your wisdom on the initial plan.

Thanks in advance everyone,
Simon
Late reply sorry but I'd use days 15 and 16 to revisit disney parks that you liked best or maybe to resort hop round disney. Or you might want to think about moving Blizzard beach from day 13 to day 15 or 16 to factor in a kind of rest day in the middle of the week and then putting a park on day 13 after your rest days.
hbmip_disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for this, we're actually heading off tomorrow morning so great timing!
We've got a couple of days in Miami and then a few visiting New Orleans before our Disney time kicks in next week, can't wait!