Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jan 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

The Haunting Sequel - Day 3 - Disney Dream, Spa, Mixology, Is the ship swaying or are we?

Day 3 – Saturday

By this point I was already struggling to keep up with the notes. I was already a day behind.

We woke up at 6.30, before our alarm went off at 7. We had booked the room service breakfast for 6.30 – 7, so I got up. I had to get cash out of the safe for the tip, which Dave heard, and told me he was awake too.

Room service came at about 6.45, I gave him a tip but we could have signed for a tip too. We got coffee, juice, and a Danish which came on a huge plate!

We took the coffee out onto our balcony.

We got ready and took our Fish Extender gifts out to deliver. We met Kris coming out of their stateroom which was funny.
It was a good way to see around bits of the ship, especially the concierge level which was very fancy.

After putting the empty bag back in our room, we headed down to our proper breakfast. Second breakfast I guess. We decided to go to Enchanted Garden again, which had a buffet. This was a very nice breakfast. Hot food, pancakes, and lots of coffee. We had a nice server here called Anthony. We were both now stuffed from the lovely breakfast.

Dave wanted a shaving foam so we went to the shop to get one. He wanted a close shave before snorkelling tomorrow. The shop was closed as we were now in port at Nassau, so I suggested he price up a hot shave at the spa.

We went up to the spa, and looked at the price list. Dave said I should get something done too so he wouldn’t feel like I was missing out. The only thing I fancied was a massage, which Dave then wanted too, so long story short, we booked a couples massage and he never booked a shave! We booked for 10.30, so had a bit of time to kill. I asked what we should wear, and the girl at the spa reception looked rather bemused and said, ‘whatever you want’.

We went for swimwear, and went back up for half ten. When we got there, we were taken to separate changing rooms and told to take our clothes off…..eep. We both kept bottoms on though, no idea what we were meant to do. This was our first ever massage (and possibly last!)

There were plastic slippers and towelling robes to wear. The slippers weren’t comfortable at all, I wished I had kept my own sliders on.
We met up again in a room with a circle of big comfy chairs, with several other couples who looked like they were waiting for the same thing as us. I was very self conscious at this point about my legs (heat rash) and if the robe was covering everything. There was cold water here while we signed health forms.

Then in we went, to a very nice view from the top of the ship out over Nassau. We were told to lie face down on the beds with a sheet over us. Shame the sheet was bout the size of a piece of tissue paper, and probably just as thin!

Then the massage therapists came back into the room and we got started. It was a very surreal experience, as we couldn’t see much other than the floor, and I for one was cringing a fair bit.
The first part of the massage was lovely, this was with hot oil, and felt pretty nice. The second part was (insert technical term here) hard rubbing. (No Laughing!) This was half tickly half owchy. The third part was when he hot stones came out. Initially this was hot, hot, hot, then when they cooled a bit, it was quite nice.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, what on earth did we expect? Well, the photos illustrating the massage showed someone lying down with hot stones on them, so really, we had no idea what to expect!
I remember her pulling on my toes, which was very odd! They took it a body pat at a time then moved on to the next one. I could also hear a strange slapping noise coming from Dave and had to resist the urge to laugh or make a joke. At one point I was biting my lip at how absurd the whole thing was.
Then it got even more mortifying, she told me to turn over. I tried to do this with dignity underneath my tissue paper sheet, while not letting the girls escape. Fortunately I was given another sheet o put over my eyes afterwards so I could pretend I wasn’t really there!
I had been turned over for ages before Dave was told to turn over. I asked him later and he said he had told her his back was sore.
Once the massage was over, they joined our hands together and left the room for 5 minutes while we put our robes back on. This bit was nice and relaxing, sitting together looking out from the top of the ship. But both of our nature is to laugh about things, so we were both giggling about the whole thing by now. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience! (It was also not a cheap one, so probably wont repeat it)

Then the therapists came back in and tried to sell us some add ons, like a body brush that would apparently be amazing, but was also $50, and resembled an old fashioned nail brush like my Grannie used to have.

After the spa (and a shower) we went out to the adult pool area. We went upstairs to Satellite Falls, which is at the very top of the ship, and we went and sat in the waterfall for a while. It was very nice, but a bit noisy from the waterfall, so we went down a level to the other adult pool area instead.

This pool area had a glass bottom hot tub, and we went in there for about 30 seconds. It was roastin! I felt like a brussel sprout getting cooked. But glad we experienced it!

We then ended up in the adult pool, which was by contrast absolutely freezing. We chilled here for a while, but were conscious of the time as we had some other plans for the afternoon.

We had gotten dried and changed to go for some lunch (already!) and Dave put the towels into the towel bin, which snapped shut on his finger. He hopped up and down a few times while I rolled my eyes at him! Drama queen. He did get a sore one tho, and had a bruise for ages.

We went to Cabanas for lunch, and had a very odd combination ie pizza and gravy. No idea why. We needed a solid base for the alcohol later. (Didn’t help!)

Down to our room again for another quick change, think we spent a bit too long in the pool, as we had booked a mixology class at 4pm. We had booked the one with our FB group, rather than direct with DCL, which was very helpful as otherwise we wouldn’t have gotten into the class.

We just had enough time to order some room service coffee and I ordered 2 cans of sprite, which cost extra. We could get free soda on deck 11, but it was always busy and seemed to take ages just to go there, and I just needed a drink. I wanted one for the fridge, and opened one for a sip to take some painkillers. I meant to put the open can in the fridge too. Later on when we returned to the room, my open can, with one sip out of it, had been taken away by the room attendant, and I was not chuffed! Especially as it had cost about $4!

Most mixology classes seemed to take place in the Meridian Bar on the top of the ship, but when we got there, we didn’t recognise anyone and realised we were actually in a whisky tasting class, we had gone to the wrong place! We used the app to find our actual class, which was in the Skyline bar.

The Skyline bar is the one where there were fake windows showing different city skylines, it was very nice actually.
Now. The Mixology class, if you haven’t heard of it, is where you get a shot at mixing your own cocktails. The class is very popular and tends to sell out. It lasts for an hour and costs $20 per person. In it, we knew we would be making 5 different cocktails.

Also – neither of us actually drink alcohol at home. We very occasionally have a drink on holiday. Our champagne yesterday was the first alcohol we had in probably 6 months, oh and the wine on the flight. Ignore me. But you get the picture.
I have made a list in my phone of what the cocktails were as I quickly realised I would never remember!

The first cocktail was a Cosmopolitan.
The second was a Raspberry Mojito.
The third was apparently called a ‘vile lime thing’ – I may have made this name up.
The fourth was a ‘malibu thing’.
And the last one was a bubblegum shot.

The cosmo I remember being nice. I also remember us feeling awkward with strangers, although they were all in our FB group, we didn’t know anyone and are both very shy in real life. So we drank our Cosmos pretty quick. We also hadn’t realised that when you make your own cocktail, that means you get your own shaker. So I got 2 Cosmos out of mine. And this was only the first drink!

The second one, they told us to pour the rum while counting to 6. I did a Friends moment and counted Mississippilly, meaning there was mainly just rum in mine. I may have also had 2 of these. Then I had Dave’s second Cosmo as it was just sitting there.

The vile lime thing, we had pressed limes, then added something, I want to say Bacardi? But it just tasted of lime. The whole table agreed it was vile, we even asked if we had missed a step but that was apparently it. I swiped a bottle of pineapple juice later to add to try and make it nicer, but that was a fail too.

I can’t even remember the Malibu thing, except it must have had pineapple juice for me to swipe later on. I probably had a few of them.

Then the bubblegum shots. I have actually made a note that this was a shot with baileys and blue curacao. I believe it was nice. I had at least 3 of them. Then probably Dave’s too.

All of this, in one hour, for people who don’t drink. It was no longer just the ship that was swaying!

We had met up with Kris and Kevin again, and arranged to meet them at the Beauty and the Beast show later. In about 20 minutes.
We got into the theatre, and while waiting to start, we were having a good chat. Well, the people in front kept ‘shushing’ us. So we were shushing them back. I honestly thought a fight was going to break out!

We noticed the actors were the same as the ones in The Golden Mickeys the night before, and the show was incredible. They did the full feature show, we were expecting just highlights.
About half way through, the woman in front said something to the people with her. All four of us shushed her. A bit enthusiastically. This was hysterical at the time, it’s a wonder they didn’t put us out!
This was also pirate night, so we had a super fast quick change (again) including eye liner when not remotely sober, before darting down to the theatre. By now, we were all using the DCL app as a messenger.

When we were changing, we found our pirate bandanas on the bed, and our blanket creature which can only be described as a slug with sunglasses on. This may have been the cocktails talking!

After our fussing the night before, we now decided that our new friends would join us for dinner tonight at the Royal Palace. When we got to the restaurant, we explained to the head waiter and it was no problem for them to join us.

Our server seemed happier tonight too. This was the best food of the cruise. We both ordered 2 deserts though so something was going well.

After dinner, we all made our way up to deck 12 midship to watch the fireworks and the pirate party. I had made our pirate costumes, we could have gone for Halloween costumes too as it was a Halloween on the High Seas cruise. Our original costume idea was Han Solo and Princess Leia, and Dave’s pirate waist coat was actually made as Han Solo, but when I made the Leia dress is was such a disaster, I revamped a previous idea for pirate costumes.

After the fireworks, we were so shattered, we headed to our rooms. We forgot to put out the card for room service coffee as we were so tired!

We also now had an octopus towel animal and some chocolate coins. And we had been left a map for Castaway Cay for tomorrow, and envelopes for our tips for our servers.

Our video from today is here:
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

The massage sounds horrific!

Never had one and never want one eeeuugh !

We also often get into trouble for taking during shows after one to many!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

It was more funny in hindsight, but not sure I would want to relive it!