Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Feb 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Just wanted to add that it doesnt matter what the T&Cs say. any regulation trumps it. the regs say that because you booked a package and the flight was cancelled you can claim a full refund for the whole holiday or the holiday company should book alternative flights for you. I work in regulation and got offered a role at the civil aviation authority (which i turned down to work for another regulator!). i recommend making a formal complaint with the holiday company and also emailing the caa so they are aware.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you!

I quoted the regs to loveholidays and they have refunded the full package cost!

I have managed to rebook elsewhere for May at more or less the same cost. My grandmother wasn’t too disappointed as ‘it’ll be better weather so I can wear my dresses...’

Thanks for all who helped and suggested what to try
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Just wanted to say a massive thank you!

I quoted the regs to loveholidays and they have refunded the full package cost!

I have managed to rebook elsewhere for May at more or less the same cost. My grandmother wasn’t too disappointed as ‘it’ll be better weather so I can wear my dresses...’

Thanks for all who helped and suggested what to try
Excellent. Glad you got this sorted. I read about Flybmi going into administration recently and wondered if you had been able to rebook before all those unfortunate passengers also rebooked.

Rome in may will be beautiful. My DD went last year. Layers, but also lightweight teeshirts - so your grandma's dresses should be fine. I am sure she will love it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Excellent. Glad you got this sorted. I read about Flybmi going into administration recently and wondered if you had been able to rebook before all those unfortunate passengers also rebooked.

Rome in may will be beautiful. My DD went last year. Layers, but also lightweight teeshirts - so your grandma's dresses should be fine. I am sure she will love it.
Thank you. That was my first thought too, feel so sorry for all those having to find new flights due to BMI but thankful we have flights booked now as I’d imagine demand from BMI passengers rebooking will mean alternative flights to Rome will either increase in prices or be in short supply due to demand.

Lovely to hear the weather will be nice and Dark Rome tours have been amazing too. They have fully refunded so we can rebook May dates without a fuss.

My gran is also excited as the new Manchester flight time is early morning so I’ve booked the Radisson for the night before and as she’s never stayed in an airport or flown before she can’t wait to watch the planes from the room
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List