Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Tinkers, I'm glad you are staying on this forum so you can vote on all my polls.

Do you like my profile picture (apparently I look like a bloke callled Alan off the tv)?
Spectacular shorts...

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Plenty of idiots about, remember the dude who keep posting inappropriate posts on here, just looking for a reaction and getting their kicks from it no doubt. Luckily admin were all over it and dealt with them swiftly.

Keep a low profile and keep a note of what you’ve posted and where, you can narrow it down from there if something else happens. I’d also be a little sneaky about it too and drop in the odd name of no relevance (my dog called spot) and see if that gets mentioned anywhere in the future.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I don’t think it was a man posting those inappropriate posts They were also posting on mumsnet and other places.
I read mumsnet ( it’s not all bad) and often see posts on here which are direct lifts from mumsnet, there are one or two on here at the moment.

The internet is a weird place and people are very trusting because in the majority most people are nice.
There will always be people who want to do this sort of thing ( internet stalking) I left this forum for a while due to a bully on here.
Good luck with getting shot of them, but be aware ip addresses are easy to hide behind if you use a vpn.
I’ve removed my countdown now, whilst it’s fun , it’s also a clear indicator you are away and another pointer to who you could be.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

I belong to two forums. This one and an EU one for expats, obviously with Brexit this one has a wealth of information and updates for those of us living here. My only other Social media presence is FB which I mainly use for certain groups Disney obviously, and a few cooking groups. I rarely post, maybe once every two or three weeks.

I have now had to close the account on the EU forum and Stop Facebook as I have been recieving messages that are awful. The person has signed on as users using my personal name with derogatory additions such as

Rebeca with Crohn’s
Rebeccaneedsthe toilet

And worse. ( my names not Rebecca!l)

I ignored it for a while, but now everytime I log on there are messages etc. Including one that asked about my grandson.

The owners seems to do nothing or say they can’t.

Why are people so nasty. Usually, as your u know, I can fight my own corner but I would never be so sick. Especially as to use an illness to mock someone

I’m not sure what to do and if there is anyway of finding out who this is?

I’d happily pay a lawyer to send a letter and threaten them with legal consequences if there are any
How despicable.

We can air differences but that's below the belt

I hate how people do that if you dislike something someone said just say it and it's done sneak childish remarks via PM are horrible.

Old 22 Feb 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
My niece, nephew and his girlfriend (all in their 20’s) had to leave all social media because of threats.

My niece was a sister at a large east London hospital, someone “took a liking” to her and her uniform, searched for her name on FB and started the verbal abuse & threats.

My nephew and his girlfriend are police officers in the Met based in east London and have been the subject of 2 physical attacks by wrong’uns they had arrested. Somehow others found them on FB and were threatening.

All 3 have moved 30 miles away from their work areas to reduce the chance of being recognised when off-duty. My niece gave up her job because she received absolutely no support for this nonsense she was subjected to. When she worked nights she was scared to walk to her car in the dark in case someone was waiting for her.

Social media makes it so easy for nutters to track people down and then blast them with shocking messages & threats.
Friend of my daughters dad is a police officer he deliberately applied to work in another county/force so his 'local' villains wouldnt be abe to bump into him . He is on FB but uses a different name. My cousin show is a social worker has to user her mothers maiden name on there as her name is known professionally & she works in child protection...

OP glad they are doing something, the user(s) can be traced through their IP address and their ISP (internet provider) will be able to tell exactly who/where they are , assuming not using a VPN but even then they will be tracebale if they look hard enough..

about 10 years ago i used to frequent a football message board mainly used by a local rival. i still dont fully know to this day who/how i was found out, but one night i got off a late bus & was followed part way by a couple of fellas, when i challenged them they said they knew i was xxxx & i should stop posting or else. claimed they knew where lived etc etc.. i just stopped going on this board & never heard anything since but was dodgy for a while...

Edited at 05:00 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Personally - since someone is stalking you, I would remove any countdowns, any references as to when you will be away.

You are letting people know on a publicly accessible forum that your house may be empty.

If you have ever liked any of the dibb's facebook stuff, they may have come looking here etc.
That depends on whether her countdown is set for a holiday. Mine is never accurate!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List