Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 21 Feb 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Florida in Europe? Disney (Cruise) and Theme Parks - Day 6 - Disney Magic time

Saturday 22 August – ‘Disney Magic’ time

We woke at about 8am and opened the curtains, the Disney Magic was docked but it was overcast and rainy.

Disney Magic is the ship in the middle.

Shortly after we woke a Silverseas cruise ship docked in front of the hotel window, which was level with the ship’s pool deck so I had to close the curtains!

We lazed around, finished the donuts we bought yesterday from Dunkin Donuts on the Ramblas, had showers and at 10.30 went to get our taxi the short distance to the port for our PAT (port arrival time) of 11am.
We arrived at the port where we checked in our 2 cases and joined a queue into the main terminal building; in front of use were a family we had met on our Facebook group that we had been contributing to for the last few months.
We were soon through security and into the main check in hall, we checked in and got boarding group #5.

Registered Harriet for the youth groups and got a blue 2015 magic band for access to the Oceaneer kids clubs areas (for ages 3 to 12), it was locked on her wrist but Harriet made sure she could remove it! Harriet could also go to ‘The Edge’ which is for the 11-14 age group.

We sat and waited for a while and saw another family from the Dibb and the Facebook group and after talking to them for a short while it was time to board. Our photo was taken and then the ‘Smith family’ was welcomed aboard with a round of applause.

Cruise card for cabin entry and charging purchases as cruise ships are cashless.

Boarding was on deck 3 so as recommended on the Dibb we went straight to the Port Adventures desk also on deck 3 and got tickets for the Frozen characters and the Princesses meet and greets. We then headed to Cabanas the buffet for lunch, Harriet had mac n cheese and I had mussels, shrimp and fries! We also had a selection of puddings and a drink and as it was by now 1pm we headed towards deck 7 where our cabin was located as they would be ready about 1.30.

Our cabin or stateroom #7629 an inside was great with loads of room for the 2 of us, double bed for me and a large sofa bed for Harriet.

We had a quick look at the information left for us in the room and then left our carry on bags to explore the ship some more. We started to complete Elsa’s treasure hunt looking for clues around the ship and found the first 3, if we can find all 8 she will give us a prize! We went and looked at all 3 kids clubs which were on open house, all were fantastic and Harriet was very pleased with what she saw, lots of the areas were fun for grown ups too with video games and crafts!

First clue in Elsa's treasure hunt!

We went to the Promenade Lounge at 3.15 for a drink and met up with the Facebook group members, at 4pm it was muster time and we gathered in the Animators restaurant on deck 4 and logged ourselves in.

Harriet's Bubblegum drink in a Frozen Souvenier glass

I then went up on deck for the sail away party and Harriet went back to the Edge (teenage club area), but via the Disney app we could send each other text messages and arranged to meet at 5.30 to watch ‘Tomorrowland’ in the Buena Vista theatre, we enjoyed the film but it was over 2 hours long and the cinema was a bit chilly!

When the movie finished at 7.45 we went for a walk, watched TV in the cabin and I put some laundry in whilst we got ready for dinner at 8.45. Tonight’s dinner was served in Lumieres French restaurant where we were allocated table 16 with 4 other people, a mum and her 12 year old son from the UK (near London) and a grandmother and her granddaughter who was about 16 and from New York. We will eat with these families each evening but rotate around the 3 main dining rooms taking our waiters Giorgio and Antonio with us.
I started with a Double Crown cocktail made with Chambord, Cointreau and Cranberry juice, the food was great with me ordering onion soup, Chateau Briand steak and Crème Brulee, Harriet wasn’t that hungry but she had some soup and then some mac n cheese and went back to meet her friends at the Edge at about 10pm. Dinner finished at 10.30 and I wandered around the ship until about 11.30 when I returned to the cabin, Harriet came back soon after and we had lights out by midnight.

Room set up for bedtime with obligatory towel animals and 7 Dwarves chocolates! Also on the bed are tomorrow's schedule of events and other literature promoting whats on.

Edited at 03:38 PM. Reason: change title
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Disney cruise day! So exciting

We were on deck 7 as well, I thought it was a good location.

Looking forward to hearing about your time on the Magic.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lots to do on the ship, looking forward to reading more
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a brilliant day. It’s so exciting you can do a Disney cruise from Europe!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Reading again now we have done the same cruise. I so want to go again!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List