Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Feb 14, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

a bump out are those that "bump out" that little bit more space wise, they are easily identified on the Disney cruise deck plans, in the picture of our balcony you can see we don't have a straight rectangular space but it is curved at one end and this is the extra space you get over the regular balcony (does that make sense ?)

tips are paid at the end of a cruise, they are automatically added to your on board account and you then get slips and envelopes to hand to your servers, room attendant, head waiter and your named concierge person (you decide on the concierge amount)

i was told that concierge share tips but we went to guest services and asked for extra envelopes to add cash tips for our concierge barman Shaun and the food person in the lounge who was great with my children because we felt that these two people went above and beyond in making the time extra special for us we also gave these two some uk candy which we took along with us too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_de_vil
New Poster (4)

jo_de_vil's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Yes it does make sense, we are in 12000 which is between Walt and Roy suites I guess that is a "bump out" too. I hate tipping not because I don't do it, but it is it is easy at WDW I go for 20% and always round it up, but add more if they have been extra special. I guess we will work something out, the tipping at the end appeals more to us. Thanks again TTFN
jo_de_vil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 14, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jo_de_vil View Post
Yes it does make sense, we are in 12000 which is between Walt and Roy suites I guess that is a "bump out" too. I hate tipping not because I don't do it, but it is it is easy at WDW I go for 20% and always round it up, but add more if they have been extra special. I guess we will work something out, the tipping at the end appeals more to us. Thanks again TTFN
that is a great room right at the front of the ship

there is a fantastic sticky at the top of this forum which will outline tipping and everything you need to know about Disney cruising which i think you will enjoy reading

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=543948
Old 2 Mar 14, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jo_de_vil
New Poster (4)

jo_de_vil's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Thanks that has been a lot of help I have bookmarked it for future ref. TTFN
jo_de_vil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 14, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, we also sailed concierge in November but on the fantasy and it was as amazing as you say!
One question though, did you happen to take any photos of the master bathroom door?! Reason I ask is hubby's in a wheelchair and we had the hc 1-bed on the fantasy but we're trying to work out if we can get away with booking a regular suite if the hc one isn't available! Does that make sense?!
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Hi Maz, your stateroom looks amazing! Can I ask what room you were in please? Thanks!
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it was 12506.

If you have a look at our TR on the Dream (pages 10 and 11) there's also lots of photos. Our room was 12514.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
I think it was 12506.

If you have a look at our TR on the Dream (pages 10 and 11) there's also lots of photos. Our room was 12514.
Looks amazing! Would you do it again?
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Looks amazing! Would you do it again?
Definitely! We were lucky as we were upgraded to the suite For us, concierge is the way to go
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List