Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 22 Nov 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels_belles
Getting to know the DIBB

Itinerary & Fastpasses - late August

Hi - I'm looking for some advice please.

We're staying onsite next August (21st to 31st) 5 adults and 3 children aged between 8 and 10. I'm starting to put a plan together of which parks to visit and the timings for fastpasses.

For our 'once in a lifetime trip' last October/Nov we had half days in the parks with lots of pool time and visits to Disney Springs. But I'm worrying about the August heat (and rain!).

Would people advise booking morning fastpasses for the first 3 days while we recover from the jetlag then for the remaining days to book fastpasses after 4pm?

I don't want to be dragging people out of bed early every day but I think visiting parks in the afternoon could be a nightmare in the heat?

Any advice from regular August visitors would be fabulous
Hels_belles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We have similar aged kids. For August we tend to book fastpasses for 10am ish and make use of early park opening on park days. We stay till it gets too hot or too busy. We then have lazy mornings inbetween where we grab a breakfast out and then a waterpark.

The heat is pretty much the same from 11am to 4pm but the humidity means the kids have had enough (and the adults!) By early afternoon... which is also when the rain is more likely to hit.

HTH
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels_belles
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Great - thanks x
Hels_belles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We are usually late August visitors, and plan our 2-3 ADR's around a similar theme. Breakfast ones early on in the holiday, and evening ones only after a few days. We've always paid cash thus far, but next year we're on full dining and even as a double figures visitor, the thought of 14 ADR's is mind boggling.

As for fastpasses, we would make sure we've got the new rides and then it just becomes a case of book the headliners again and again at various times of day.
Even on days when we plan to be offsite. Our plans tend to go out of the window after day 2 or 3, so for fastpasses we never know where we might be on any given day. We almost always have repeat visits to all Disney parks. A lot of rides don't need a fastpass, they are there to psychologically nicely pull people away from the big rides. You don't need "one of each" fastpass. We will book multiple copies of a big fastpass on different days to allow flexibility... but that suits us because we're quite happy visiting parks multiple times and quite happy ditching a fastpass if need be.