Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 28 Dec 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 12 Tim Hortons museum, Costco, Chill!

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 12 Tim Hortons, Costco, The Mall and Chill!

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

Right, I’m determined to finish this! Sorry for the long break again. I WILL FINISH THIS THOUGH! Libby turned 2 on Boxing Day and looking back at these pictures I can't believe how grown up she is now compared to when we went to Canada this year .

Today is a quiet one, we were shattered after Montreal so stayed local.

We got up and had a lazy morning. Libby played with Maggie, they’d missed each other while we were in Montreal which was very cute.

This machine is much better than ours mum...

Ready!

We all got ready and left at 10:30. It was Saturday so Lorraine was off work . This morning she was taking us downtown to the first ever Tim Hortons. I’m a big Timmies fan, I have been since my first visit to Canada in 2010. We now have a few Tim Hortons in Glasgow and there is one due to open in our home town next year!

*In the interest of historical correct-ness - it has been rebuilt so is now a modern fancy building, but is on the site of the very first one *

Lorraine said it had a small museum upstairs so we wanted to visit . And because any excuse for coffee right?!

The museum was really cool. It was queued out the door when we got there since it was Saturday morning but the queue moved quickly. We picked up coffee (obviously) & Timbits for Libby then headed upstairs for a look. It was pretty cool up there.≈

No interest in coffee memorabilia whatsoever, this wet floor sign though? Great fun

I got myself a travel cup -

Afterwards we headed for a drive by at the Tim Hortons Stadium, for Gary to see. Libby and I sat in the back of the car eating Tim bits!

Tim Hortons stadium

We also got a bit more of a tour of downtown Hamilton before heading back up the mountain. Down/up the mountain was the official lingo btw, Hamilton is on a mountain. We were off to Costco at Ancaster to pick up bits for tonight’s dinner.

We have a card and do go here but I think Costco is so much better in Canada/the states!

Insisting she can carry Lorraine's bag

We got some huge pork steaks and some other bits, including a really cute ‘goodnight canada’ book for Libby. I’ve since discovered they do these in various cities, it's such a lovely book.

We headed home for lunch.

In the afternoon, I decided to brave going to the mall solo, driving myself on real roads . I was just leaving though and Lorraine was coming back from walking Maggie, so I rolled the window down to see if she wanted to join me. Maybe I wasn’t so sure about driving solo after all .

We made it there and back in one piece, driving wasn't too bad at all . Not sure what Lorraine would tell you though haha. It wasn't as scary as I thought though, I'll be happy to drive in the US/Canada again in the future so thats a breakthrough!

Sorry I don't have any photos, I was enjoying child free shopping far too much .

When we got home, Lorraine’s friend Deb came over. Gary’s known her since he was wee and I met her back in 2010, staying in touch on facebook. It was lovely to see her and she brought Libby some gifts, a little Canada dress and a bubble machine which she immediately took outside to play with Stevie and Maggie!

Looking very guilty (& sweaty)

We had chicken with asparagus and feta done on the bbq with salad. It was absolutely delicious! Then cheesecake and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

We had a really good laugh catching up and talking the hours away.

A lovely chilled day .

Tomorrow we're off in to Toronto with Gary's cousin and his family. Thanks for reading! xx

Edited at 09:29 PM.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Love Timbits The museum sounds interesting!

Well done on the solo driving! And a belated happy birthday to Libby!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A nice chilled out day. Well done to you for over coming your fear of driving overseas...I will have to do that one day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a lovely chilled day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve yet to drive over there.

Thanks for another lovely day.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Love Timbits The museum sounds interesting!

Well done on the solo driving! And a belated happy birthday to Libby!
Thanks Mel!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A nice chilled out day. Well done to you for over coming your fear of driving overseas...I will have to do that one day!
It honestly was nowhere near as bad as I thought!

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a lovely chilled day

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
I’ve yet to drive over there.

Thanks for another lovely day.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List