Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fast Passes and Magic Your Way tickets...

I'm really confused so please bare with me!

We've only ever stayed onsite with free dining so MDE picks up when you can book your fast passes as it's all linked in with your reservation/dining etc.

This year we have 3 nights onsite, but i'm discounting the first night as it's arrival night and we wont go to a park. We have 2 day complementary MYW tickets as well as the 2 nights complementary hotel stay, (park hopper tickets) which I have linked to my MDE account. Does it work out the same as when you book a package that MDE picks it all up? Like our first park day will be 16th Oct, so our fast pass day will be 17th August? And our ADR day (as we will book from check in day) will be 18th April.

How does MDE know that I will use my tickets on those 2 days in onsite? Is there something I need to do?

Or have I confused everyone?!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Is your 2 night room stay showing on MDE? I assume its the check in date that triggers the 60 days rather than the ticket (you just need a valid ticket added to book them)

When Ive done Free dining the ticket always stated something along the lines of valid from date xxxx but I didnt actually have to use it from that date.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Your FP window will be linked to your check in date, so 60 days before check in date for length of stay. The extra time you get to book your FP is due to staying onsite, not the park tickets, if you just had the tickets on your account and no Disney resort reservation, your FP window would not open until 30 days before.

Hope that made sense
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
This year we have 3 nights onsite, but i'm discounting the first night as it's arrival night and we wont go to a park. We have 2 day complementary MYW tickets as well as the 2 nights complementary hotel stay, (park hopper tickets) which I have linked to my MDE account. Does it work out the same as when you book a package that MDE picks it all up? Like our first park day will be 16th Oct, so our fast pass day will be 17th August? And our ADR day (as we will book from check in day) will be 18th April.
If you have an onsite reservation and tickets both linked to your MDE account, then your fastpass window will open 60 days before your check-in date. The reservation contains details about your check-in date and MDE uses that. In that respect, it is similar to a package.

If you are checking in on 15th October and your first park day is on the 16th Oct, then the fastpass window will open on the 16th August. It's 60 days before your check-in date, not 60 days before your first park day.

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
How does MDE know that I will use my tickets on those 2 days in onsite?
It doesn't. You can use your 2 day tickets whenever you want - either before or after you've been onsite. My MDE system doesn't care.

However, the fastpass window will open 60 days before your check-in date as long as you still have valid tickets linked. You can book fastpasses at any time within that moving 60 day window - so you could book fastpasses for the week before you check-in if you wanted.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you all very much! Really appreciate your help and explanation! My tickets and hotel booking are all showing on MDE, and I've just noticed that it says up the top book fast passes on 16th Aug! Should have looked up there first, doh!

Having only 2 days to play with, whilst is nice not to have to worry about 2 weeks worth of FP, is more confusing to me lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List