Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

The change of passport after an ESTA has caught a lot of people out including my dad a number of years ago. Some people just don’t realise the esta is linked to your passport number so a new passport means a new esta. My dad managed to get his sorted at the airport but if there was a delay he would have missed his flight.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We are just back from WDW, great time had by all but I did have a huge meltdown the day before we left !
I was double checking everything & printing off stuff & 😱 I noticed that my esta was expired ! I still get anxiety just thinking about it, we were flying in 20hrs !
I totally freaked got my passport & opened up esta page only to see the no real time approvals, well tears were shed & I was filling it out so quick I was making mistakes it took me over half hour to fill out & pay.
Thankfully i got approval within the hour but never again will I leave it till the last minute to print off everything.
The stupid thing was I renewed DH back in December as he got new passport but I genuinely thought mine was still in date .
Always double check folks as you just never know.
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
john2202
Excited about Disney

I wouldn’t even book the holiday before I got the ESTA. Get the ESTA then book 👍👍
john2202 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I did ours yesterday. Mine took about 15 mins and my dh defo within a couple of hours as I checked after 10 mins and not done , then checked after I came back in and all ok.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We go to Florida every year sometimes twice a year, mistakes happen it’s always better to double check everything in plenty of time & not at the last minute like me !
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
My dd and I did the Disney Transatlantic cruise from Dover to New York last year and on check in there were many families who hadn't done an Esta! Disney had 3-4 laptops set up and the queue to use them was quite long! 😮 They were mostly European families but it was obviously a common occurrence given the staff involved in helping and the laptops set up?

Wonder what will happen now? You can't get on the ship without it?
Old 17 Feb 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I think that nowadays a lot of folk don’t take responsibility for their actions. It’s always somebody else’s fault, be it the TA, the airline etc

I know if you go to a TA you may expect them to sort things out, but for me hanivg travelled all over the world on business and pleasure, I always check the requirements for each country myself. You may need a visa, you may need inoculations, and show certification on that etc etc. A lot of folks hand over their money and expect it all to be done for them . In lots of cases arriving at airport without an ESTA could be avoided if the customer actually reads the paperwork that comes with the tickets or holiday paperwork where it will list the ESTA as a requirement, possibly further down the page. ( which usually has “ Important, Please Read” on it.

Sorry if this is a bit blunt, and I fully expect other opinions. This is why The Dibb is so great, as it encourages good debate.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessietatt13
Proud to wear my Ears

I did mine yesterday and it took an hour. I was impressed with this as I was worried about mine. I am one of the many Brits who have now got Dual nationality due to Brexit (British/ Irish). To further complicate matters my British passport is still in my maiden name as I have never got around to changing it (this is the one I am travelling on) Therefore I effectively have two names and two nationalities at this time and still it was a quick process.
Jessietatt13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Just done mine - which expired on the 25th of this month..

Took 45 mins for 3x ESTA's to be approved.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List