Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Feb 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
I think with us being first timers and literally only doing Disney we need to be in a resort thats more in the thick of it
I would as a first timer and with little ones.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Lets hope the DDP goes ahead this year. Seems like a lot less on offer since when I was last looking in 2016
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
POFQ will be ideal for your young family. Great resort with good transport. No need to to be paying out big money on a hotel close to MK. If you don’t want to get a bus or use a car then use the Disney taxis service or Uber.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
What does it mean to rent dvc points? How’s this done? Thanks
I've never done it but there are forums on this website about it. Look under the Dibb forums tab and scroll to Disney Vacation Club. THere is a forum there about renting points.

People have also rated a guy called David ( dvcrequest/ ) who, I think, is like an agent for people renting their points. Check out his site its full of useful information
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We stayed at POFQ and loved it. It took us about 12-15 minutes on the bus to Epcot and MK. The longest was AKL about 18 minutes. We also loved being able to get the boat to Disney Springs and loved the size of the resort and only 1 bus stop. You can also use the pool and restaurant in POR which is nice 10 minute walk along the river. We are hoping to go back next year and my hubby wants to stay in AKL but I'm not convinced and would happily return to POFQ.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at POR 2016 , magnolia bend, great being near Disney Springs, had QSDP, not do keen on that. preferred SSR last year on DDP , grandstand area, 1st pickup and drop off, near Disney Springs again, much better dining experience and liked the studio we had as well
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

With a 3 and 6 year old I’d choose either POFQ or AKL. I would not pay a 1k upcharge for a savannah room though as there are plenty of places to see the animals over a 2 week trip. Both have decent QS restaurants. Important with children. POFQ has an ideal pool for younger children as it’s a bit smaller. Also has a nice water play splash area. AKL pool is huge but the pool at the AK DVC resort also has an amazing kids splash play area you can use. AKL has three on site restaurants. All good. POFQ has none but does had the boat to Disney Springs with a vast choice is restaurants. POFQ is small so no carrying sleeping kids for miles and only one bus stop. AKL has one bus stop too but it goes to the DVC area as well which is a pain. Room a bit bigger at AKL. Amazing cast members with wonderful stories at AKL with some fun children’s activities with them. AKL also has an excellent bar. Given a pool is a pool to children and QS kids meals are pretty standard everywhere I would probably save a few £’S and go POFQ with a 3 and 6 year old but get regular dining plan upgrade if free dining is offered to access lots of character meals.