Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Feb 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Onsite rooms for 2 adults and a teen?

I have been looking for Disney accommodation for next year but am struggling a bit to find anything suitable onsite.

We are 2 adults and a 17 year old who will not be happy at all to share a room for 2 weeks with us so my question really is has anyone found a hotel with separate bedroom or at least a dividing wall between the beds?
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You're looking at suites at either All Star Music or Art of Animation, the cabins at Fort Wilderness, or a 1 bed DVC villa - OKW and SSR ate usually the cheapest.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Great thank you loves2plan I will take a look.

Has anyone stayed in these resorts in the family rooms that has any recommendations or advice?
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I really like OKW for the size of the rooms , have stayed in both one and two bedroom villas depending on which family members rock up 😂
Like the size of the kitchen, the laundry room and large balcony.

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

We've stayed in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They are lovely and spacious but it might work out quite expensive as they sleep up to 6 people (4 in the bedroom and 2 on a sofabed in the living area). The resort as a whole is really nice too, with a boat direct to MK.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the replies. I have had a look and the accommodation looks lovely but a bit pricey for August 2020 as we are tied to school holidays. I might look out for the DDP which would help a lot!
Old 25 Feb 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have you thought about renting DVC points? A 1 bedroom at Kidani Village would work well as it has 2 full bathrooms and is cheaper than a lot of the deluxe resorts.
Old 25 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

the cheapest option would be 2 rooms at a value resort, you can request connecting rooms and when everyone needs their privacy just close the doors between the rooms. A 1 bed is roughly double the cost of a studio so this also works for DVC studios however unless you are at the Poly you cannot get connecting studios, they only connect to 1 beds as a lock-off at the other resorts.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the suggestion I will have a closer look at those options.

I also need another room at the same resort for DD and parter which of course the bank of mum and dad are paying for!
Old 4 Mar 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Im going to throw something out there. At 17 they arent a toddler who requires lunch-time naps. Realistically you will go to your rooms to sleep at the end of the day and maybe to change for the pool. Its a lot of money to splash on an extra room for so few hours. I mean there are lobbies, food courts, arcades, pools, parks to hang out in.. as an adult who needs that much room time?

As a fellow parent I know teens are tough (my teenage years were not pretty) but book yourself a stay wherever you want and remind them you are already footing the bill for DD and her partner. I dont see why you would possibly have to chose a resort that may potentially make you add on travel time to your holiday when there may be other resorts you would be happier at. I guess I am one of those ‘suck it up buddy your under my roof’ type mentality people.