Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Help - flights August 2020

Hi,
I've been reading many posts with interest and still trying to find my way round. We are hoping to book an on site WDW holiday for August 2020 in April when we are hoping the extra offers are back. We are hoping our son who has joined the RAF will be joining us, but as we can't be sure booking the flights later suits us. I'm reading that flights are generally released 11 months before? But at the same time I see Thomas Cook already have flights you can book.
My question is - is there best time to book for August 2020 flights? As we plan to stay on site we won't be doing fly drive so we will want to fly into MCO but am happy to fly from wherever I can secure best deal in UK.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post - I feel like I'm drowning in all the information I'm trying to gather.
Therigbys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We are heading back in August 2020 and I’ve been keeping an eye on flight prices this year. Last time we went was August 2020 and we paid over £1000 each. That was with Thomas Cook and I booked right about now (February the year before). I’m not doing that this year as I’ve realised you can get flights way cheaper! I’m hoping that BA have another sale on in September. They had really good prices, especially if you were to consider flying to Miami rather than MCO. I wouldn’t book yet. There isn’t enough competition from all the other airlines at present. Tui also have flights showing now but I doubt they will be cheaper.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys

Mobile

Thank you. Do the dates for flight releases roll day to day or month to month? We are probably going to look at booking 3 flights for myself, husband and daughter and then book for our son closer to the holiday and when we know if he can come. It's stressful, I hope after all the stress I can enjoy it!
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m not 100 percent certain but think they roll day to day. 🤔

I think once flights are booked then you can really begin to look forward to planning your holiday. And it will soon be here... at least that is what I keep telling myself! 😂

Where about in the U.K. are you located? Sometimes flights are cheaper from Glasgow during summer (as they have different holiday times) but that will probably depend on when in August you plan on going. Our nearest airport is Manchester but flights tend to be more expensive from Manchester. Last year we saved £700 by flying from Newcastle instead (to Japan not Orlando) so it’s worth pricing up different U.K. airports if you don’t mind a drive at the beginning and end.

You can download apps such as kayak, momondo and sky scanner to track flights.☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys

Mobile

We are in the NE, 2 hrs from Manchester, 2 hrs from Glasgow and 1 hour from Newcastle. Somebody did mention Glasgow as an option for cheaper flights.

I was looking at last 2 weeks in the hope that Glasgow tickets would be cheaper.