Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

She has a program on Netflix. It’s a very interesting process.
I like the way she folds the clothes. I’ve found it easier to store everything and I can see what I’ve got.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Maybe not the same thing but I remember years ago we had wall units filled with ornaments etc, and lots of furniture in our through lounge, but now we have the minimum amount of furniture we need, so gone are the wall units and ornaments and we have lots more space and no dust collectors (heaven).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Maybe not the same thing but I remember years ago we had wall units filled with ornaments etc, and lots of furniture in our through lounge, but now we have the minimum amount of furniture we need, so gone are the wall units and ornaments and we have lots more space and no dust collectors (heaven).
It is very similar. It’s about clearing out “ stuff” unless that stuff makes you happy. So I have a very expensive bit of porcelain left to me by a relative. It’s if no real sentimental value. I don’t ever remember seeing it in his house, it’ll go... I have a very small glass hippopotamus that I bought in Joberg airport on our way home from a long trip to South Africa. It costs a couple of dollars, that gives me “ joy” it’ll stay.

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I did my wardrobe yesterday, nothing much sparked joy so now I have no clothes! I’m Marie Kondoing my house, every day I do one or two cupboards. I have a thread running also with very exciting pics of my under sink cupboard!
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Warning!

No more Marie Kondo for me! She didn’t tell me that the dirt in your cupboards keeps everything glued together. My under sink cupboard sprung a leak and everything is soaked and ruined. It’s now out all over the floor and dh is repairing the leak. I give up back to the old no cleaning me!
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I did my wardrobe yesterday, nothing much sparked joy so now I have no clothes! I’m Marie Kondoing my house, every day I do one or two cupboards. I have a thread running also with very exciting pics of my under sink cupboard!
Started on the bedroom. The weighing scales don’t “spark” joy, so I’m dumping them
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Right, my walk in wardrobe is not sparking joy at the moment. I can’t believe how much stuff has accumulated in there over the years. I’ve got three black sacks of old bedding, cushions, handbags plus old hairdryers, hair styling gadgets and my old iron.

Currently you cannot see my bedroom floor or the spare bedroom floor and I’ve just nearly sucked the wing off my cuddly robin Ds bought me whilst I was wrestling my winter duvet into a vacuum bag.

It’s carnage up there so I’ve come down to have a drink and dibb.
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Started on the bedroom. The weighing scales don’t “spark” joy, so I’m dumping them
I think I’ll be doing the same, they must be broken with the numbers they’re showing
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arisser
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm in the super slow process of trying to Kondo my life, finding it very difficult though! I've never been a tidy or organised person, embarrassed to say. I just have way too much stuff and can see myself becoming a hoarder if I don't let go of some of it.
arisser is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Serious question: what do you do about things that don't spark joy but you think you need? Not much of my kitchen equipment sparks any joy but we need to eat and our bank balance/waistlines might suffer if we went to restaurants every day! Or my printer, no joy but I do need to print stuff sometimes... What are the rules for those sorts of practical things? This is a genuine question although it sounds a bit sarky to me when I read back!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List