Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Free dining offer, flight price (school hols), annual leave at work & I'm better at saving once it's actually booked.

We do last minute holidays elsewhere but Florida I like to book far in advance.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
Thanks, although our dates have always been set, so for us they haven't been flexible.
Ah, even better then. May is usually pretty good for offers unless you require the Whitsun half term dates - are your dates during school holidays?

We always used to book late when we didn't have school dates to worry about - and will do again as soon as school dates are no longer relevant.
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have found a villa that is 10mins from Disney and all the other attractions so I need to book early to get the availability. I book the villa before the flights and then book the flights when I am happy with the price. This is usually about 10months out. I know I could wait but I hate playing chicken with the prices. Car hire is different as I book and then check on a daily basis and change the booking if a better price is available. For me, I am happier knowing I have the flights booked. If they are slightly cheaper later on so be it. I don't tend to check flight prices after I have booked. Don't like torturing myself...😁
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We like to book a package about 18 months in advance. Everyone then knows how much its going to be and and can start saving.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Your holiday arrangements suit you and you are happy. I stayed in a hotel on I Drive 35 years ago and wouldn't want the same kind of holiday again.
That's very true.
Last year we booked way ahead as we had separately booked sections Disney with free dining, a villa and a cruise ... had we booked closer to the time we'd have paid much more.
This year we are DIYing again but it's I Drive (27 years for me) Tampa and then Vero staying with friends. I booked at 99 days . I've got some fab prices for this.

It really depends on the type of holiday you want.
I wouldn't book an AoA villa for example but if I did I could probably book late but usually I have very specific needs and wants for a villa so to get everything I want need to book early .

I've not found a package that meets all my needs and is cheaper for years though !

Edited at 04:31 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
We like to book a package about 18 months in advance. Everyone then knows how much its going to be and and can start saving.
I don't get that you can only save once you have booked it makes no sense. I get that you know how much it is so you know the amount you need to save but you don't need to book to have a rough idea go a bit over and have a better holiday.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

We have booked both ours a good 18months and 11 months in advance before but this time for Aug 2020 going to try and watch prices.

Got a notebook on the go as looking at 2020 hols booking now and booking now for 2019 to watch how prices are changing lol its keeping me busy lol

Think we will put money aside and book closer to the time and will wait to see what offers come out with free dining . Also will take a look at DIY but at moment packages seem to beat them .

Have fun looking and booking and do what suits you best xxx at the end of the day we are all hopefully off to that Magical place xxx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I like to book as early as i can, apart from all the exciting planning, coming onto the site . Knowing disney is on the horizon gives me the yeah we are going back feeling esp after having a bad day at work ! stays with me all the time until we go.. Most disney fans would understand that feeling
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Matt1983
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I don't get that you can only save once you have booked it makes no sense. I get that you know how much it is so you know the amount you need to save but you don't need to book to have a rough idea go a bit over and have a better holiday.
Think I agree with Taylaboo on this, I need to book far in advance so then I have to save. If I’ve not got something booked the money I start saving will end up getting spent on something else. I’ve absolutely no will power at all, I’ll end up saving a chunk and then deciding I need new golf clubs or something stupid like that 😂
Matt1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Matt1983 View Post
Think I agree with Taylaboo on this, I need to book far in advance so then I have to save. If I’ve not got something booked the money I start saving will end up getting spent on something else. I’ve absolutely no will power at all, I’ll end up saving a chunk and then deciding I need new golf clubs or something stupid like that 😂
Oh yeah. My addiction is trips though. Trips anywhere. Just the other week I impulsively booked a short break for me and the parents in Edinburgh (they wanted to see the city after I went there at the beginning of feb) and spent £600 for 2 rooms. Without transport! Part of me now wonders if that was a wise investment when I have an Orlando trip on the horizon.

Then again, till I can book the Florida trip, I need something to look forwards to. So I guess you can count having a countdown as a big reason for me booking early lol!

We actually booked Sep 2018 trip in Dec 2017, only 9.5 months out. That's the earliest Orlando trip ever! Don't regret it though, having a shorter countdown does have its benefits. This one will be torture!
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List