Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Feb 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Florida in Europe? Disney (Cruise) and Theme Parks - Day 9 - Civitavecchia, Italy

Tuesday 25 August – Civitavecchia, Italy

Today’s port is Civitavecchia slightly further North up the coast of Italy from Naples, it is the port for Rome although its quite far away (think Southampton being the port for London or Le Havre for Paris).
My view is that it is too far and too hot in August to make the most of a day trip to Rome so again we will stay in port, however for the Americans who make up a fairly large percentage of passengers on the ship it is must do trip and the ship will be quiet again.

At 11am after breakfast we left the ship and walked to the beach at Civitavecchia and met up with one of Harriet’s friends and her family. The beach is stony and a bit dirty as it’s in the town centre, so we had a drink at a beach bar with free wi-fi and then returned to the ship.

Harriet went to lunch with her friends and then to the Edge, later in the day they went to the theatre to watch Antman.
As it was another really hot and sunny day, I found a sun bed at the Cove Pool the adult only area and sunbathed until 4pm when I went to sort out our fish extender gifts and went with Harriet to deliver them to the doors of the other member’s cabins.

At 6.45pm we both went to the Walt Disney theatre and watched the live stage show ‘Villains Tonight’ this is a medley of songs featuring the best and worst of Disney’s villains, again this was a really good show with lots of laughs. We got changed for dinner and Harriet went back to the Edge for a while, I met her there just before dinner and chatted to the leader Kevin whilst waiting for her!

Dinner was in Lumiere’s again as day 4 and you rotate around the 3 restaurants, good menu with a Prince and Princesses theme, with Harriet ordering roast turkey and mash, I had mushroom ravioli and mushroom soup and prawns.

Beautiful napkins and menu from tonights dinner.

Theme for the holiday reoccurring with Harriet finishing her meal quickly and leaving to meet her friends at the Edge! I stayed and chatted to the mum and son from the UK for some time, the American family didn’t join us for dinner tonight, think they probably had had a long hot day in Rome and opted for room service or buffet for dinner.

After dinner I went to the front of the ship on Deck 3 where there is another adult only area containing Fathoms nightclub, O’Gills Irish bar and the duty free shop (although on a Med cruise that doesn’t leave the EU, tax is payable on the wine, spirits, cigarettes etc.). I got a drink (Mantis Cocktail $10) and a seat in Fathoms and watched the Comedian / Juggling act, Niels Duinkers from the Netherlands, he was very good as has all the entertainment been on the ship.

After the show there was an 80’s music quiz, this wasn’t so good so I went back to our stateroom about 11.30pm and watched a film ‘What we did in the Holidays’ on the TV.
Harriet returned from the Pyjama party at the Edge about 1am, she had another fun day.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You're certainly managing to explore the ship!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Another great day Sounds like you had a lovely relaxed cruise!
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Harriet is definitely having a fun, busy time
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We skipped Rome too. Loved the ship.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List