Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

L&L Cruise life - Britannia April 2018 - Day 2 - Cherbourg

Day 2

We were in Cherbourg today so we got up about 8am and got ready and went for breakfast. The choice at the buffet breakfast was amazing!

We had lost an hour in the sailing over due to the time difference so we were a little tired but wanted to get off in the morning so we could spend the afternoon relaxing.

We got off the ship and got a shuttle into Cherbourg, this wasn’t far but with Louise's foot we didn’t want to risk it as we didn't know how far it would be. It was quite chilly but dry when we got off the ship, we wandered around for a while and then walked back. We hadn't spent too much time there but we enjoyed our wander around Cherbourg nonetheless.

It started to spit on our way back and we got lost! We could see the ship but couldn’t work out how to get back to it !

We went back to the room for a relax and then I went to the gym and a wander around the ship while Louise had a nap (I am not so good at the resting part )!

(Yep sorry I am one of those )!

Rather than having lunch we decided we wanted to wait until the afternoon tea that was served in the Horizon buffet restaurant from 3. We grabbed a selection, the cakes were good but the winner was the scones!

We couldn't believe how high up we were – the restaurant was on the 16th floor.

We decided we would go in the hot tub so we went and got changed, we got in the hot hub about 4.30pm and got chatting to some people in there. We got a cocktail each which was £6 and for an extra £1 we could go large. It was pretty large (as a comparison, look how big it looks compared to me in the bottom photo)! I had a pina colada and Louise had a banana daquiri .

The sail away party started at 5.15pm and we were having so much fun chatting away in the hot tub we stayed in there. We ended up leaving about 40 minutes late at just after 6 so we were in the hot tub far longer than we had planned! It also felt freezing outside when we got out as it was only about 8°C! We had had such a brilliant afternoon though so it was definitely worth it !

We got showered and ended up going for dinner about 8pm, we had about a 15/20 minute wait for the table and we were given a table for 2 again.

We were given our wine and ordered our food, we both had a pulled pork for starter, I ordered the steak for main and Louise had the fried chicken. For dessert I ordered the fried fruit with rum and raisin ice cream and Louise had the profiteroles with hazelnut praline and also some champagne sorbet. We were not offered cheese and I am not sure we could have managed it!

The dinner was amazing, I think the fried fruits was one of the best desserts of the holiday! The two tables were very close to others and the lady sat next to us moaned the whole meal, they were similar age to us and nothing was good enough. They tried to engage in conversation with us but we just said hi and continued our conversation as I didn’t want to get dragged into the moaning!

We went and got a drink after dinner, I discovered the pear blossom cocktail which was amazing. We went to see the late show, which was called gravity and was brilliant.

We then went to the live lounge, there was a disco going on and it was so busy. We got a couple of drinks and then went to the dance floor, we bumped into the people from the hot tub earlier so were dancing the night away with them. We ended up getting back to our room about 12.30 and it had been an absolutely amazing day !

LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

You certainly had a busy day! Afternoon tea looks delicious - can't beat a good scone

Some people do like a good moan!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
You certainly had a busy day! Afternoon tea looks delicious - can't beat a good scone

Some people do like a good moan!
I wish I had some of the scones now ! I know, I’ve never known anything like it but oh well, we had fun
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
That drink is huge! Think I would have fallen asleep in the hot tub.

I do love all your beautiful dresses.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That drink is huge! Think I would have fallen asleep in the hot tub.

I do love all your beautiful dresses.
Thank you I know haha it was well worth the upgrade to a large cocktail
Old 4 May 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Was the cocktail really that much bigger or is it a perspective thing?!?!?

A great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Was the cocktail really that much bigger or is it a perspective thing?!?!?

A great day!
Haha maybe a bit of both I’m also quite small too, but the cocktail was also huge!
Old 11 May 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

That cocktail, wow, it looks huge
The food looks delicious. It looks like you were having a great time
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Those cocktails were huge

Joan
Old 31 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List