Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

L&L Cruise life - Britannia April 2018 - Day 5 - Gijon and kayaking trip

Day 5

We were in Gijon today and had pre-booked a kayaking trip. We woke up at 7 and had arranged to have breakfast delivered to the room. We accidentally ordered for 4, but we actually ate most of it ! It included a bacon and sausage panini, fruit, muffin and yoghurt.

(I had already eaten half of the panini!)

We left the boat and met our coach at 8.50, it was about an hour drive to the river but the journey wasn’t particular comfortable as the bus was so hot!

We arrived a bit after 10am and we were given our wetsuits, there were probably about 20 on the tour. The websuits weren't comfortable to get into to say the least!

We were given our life jackets and went down to the river. We weren't given much instruction on how to control the kayak but I had done it before.

We spent about 2 hours of kayaking, stopping off on the way including in one place where we could jump into the water. We were meant to stop at a bank but we got stuck in the current and ended up going backwards down the river and needed rescuing (as did the P&O excursion guy we had with us) . Louise didn’t jump into the water due to her foot but I did, it was surprisingly high and the water was so cold!

After we finished kayaking we had some lunch, this was basically salami and bread so we didn’t each much of it. We then got the bus back and arrived back at about 2.45pm. We headed straight to the buffet for some lunch as we were still hungry and wandered around the ship for some photos.

We were both shattered so went to our room for a nap and then started getting ready for the evening, I popped out to get us a costa. They were playing the greatest showman in the cinema throughout the evening so we watched the 6pm show. It was very busy but we just about managed to get seats, I had already seen it and listened to the soundtrack non-stop since then. It was just as brilliant the second time.

We went back to the room and finished getting ready before heading to dinner.

I think this is my favourite photo of the holiday the look of a sister

We asked for a table of 2 tonight, even though it was a slightly longer wait. We didn’t mind sharing but we found after doing it for two nights we were fed up of telling the same stories!

We both had the tomato and ricotta for starter. I then ordered the venison roast and Louise had the pork with spinach, mushroom and potato roulade. We had continued our white wine from the night before, the bottles were about £16.

I ordered the lemon sorbet for dessert and Louise had the chocolate praline within salted caramel ice cream then we both finished it with cheese.

While we were sat at dinner we overheard the table next to us discussing their WDW plan. I couldn’t help but talk to them and we had a good Disney chat .

We finished our dinner and did our usual posing

We went to the live lounge and there was a singer, Lance Ellington. He was great, it wasn't our type of music but we enjoyed it, apart from Louise got picked on during one of the songs (much to my amusement )!

We had a drink and then headed back to our room about midnight.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another great day - the kayaking looks fun though I am not sure about the comfort of those wetsuits!

The lemon sorbet looks delicious! I am not a big ice cream fan but do like a lemon sorbet

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another great day - the kayaking looks fun though I am not sure about the comfort of those wetsuits!

The lemon sorbet looks delicious! I am not a big ice cream fan but do like a lemon sorbet
I’m not going to lie, getting into them was a bit of a mission haha!

I loved the sorbet! I usually loved desserts but there was so much food I couldn’t face it most night so sorbet was nice a light
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Wow, you are brave, don't think I would go kayaking.

Lance Ellington is great, he is one of the main singers on Strictly so knows his stuff.

"We accidentally ordered for 4" ... I must remember that one!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Wow, you are brave, don't think I would go kayaking.

Lance Ellington is great, he is one of the main singers on Strictly so knows his stuff.

"We accidentally ordered for 4" ... I must remember that one!
Haha yes, maybe it wasn’t an accident ! The form was quite confusing so we both filled one it but put it was for two either way we made the most of it!

Yes he was, we didn’t know who he was but enjoyed it
Old 4 May 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ha ha, the look of a sister!

Another good day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Ha ha, the look of a sister!

Another good day!
Haha one of my favourite photos ! Thank you
Old 21 May 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another good day

Joan
Old 31 May 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another good day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
another good day
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thank you