Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

L&L Cruise life - Britannia April 2018 - Day 8 - Home and final thoughts

Day 8 and home 🙁

We got up about 7 and packed up all our stuff. We had to be out of the room by 8 so we made sure we were all packed up and took our carry out cases to breakfast with us.

We made the most of the buffet breakfast for one last time .

Southampton was slightly sunnier than when we left !

We had to meet in the headliners theatre at 8.45, we choose the wrong side as we were one of the last out! The IT systems had been down since the day before so we were not able to get our final bill before we left. I finally received this in the post a couple of weeks later!

We had had such an amazing time, we didn't want to leave

We eventually were able to get off the ship about 9.15 and picked up our luggage, we couldn't believe how much we had!

Our mum was picking us up so we found her and made our way to the car, saying bye to Britannia .

Afterthoughts

I feel like most of my reports are too positive as I can never think of any lows ! This was an incredible holiday though and I cannot think of a single low, we had so much fun and pretty much spent the whole week laughing!

It was my first cruise and I wasn’t sure what I would think as I am someone who cannot sit still, so thought I might feel a bit trapped! I didn't find that at all and absolutely loved the ship. It was huge and there was so much to do, we loved exploring it.

I am not sure what else to say about the food other than.. WOW! We loved the food and made the most of it! I thought the staff were absolutely incredible too, they were so friendly and couldn't help you enough.

I would definitely recommend a cruise and I absolutely loved the holiday with my sister and definitely would like to do a sister holiday again!

One final note - my sister is actually moving to Dubai in August to work as a teacher out there so expect some Dubai trippies at some point .

Thank you for reading
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing Laura. It was a fab read!

We have lived our trips to Dubai - it is a fantastic city!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Great trip report! I love cruises and have a week booked to Norway next summer on Britannia so it was lovely to see what's on offer.
Old 3 May 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great report, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy reading reports that are to different destinations! We love cruising & can't wait until ours at the end of next month
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab trippie. I was on Britannia last May and loved her. We did a couple of the same ports as you too and really enjoyed them.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for sharing Laura. It was a fab read!

We have lived our trips to Dubai - it is a fantastic city!
Thank you for reading I’m both sad as I’ll miss her but very excitied to visit Dubai! Have you been? Any tips are very welcome x
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sallybunny View Post
Great trip report! I love cruises and have a week booked to Norway next summer on Britannia so it was lovely to see what's on offer.
Ah amazing! I loved the ship so much, would love to go on another! Thanks for reading
Old 3 May 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Fab trippie. I was on Britannia last May and loved her. We did a couple of the same ports as you too and really enjoyed them.
Ah cool, I loved the ship so much, would definitely love to go on her again thanks for reading
Old 3 May 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy reading reports that are to different destinations! We love cruising & can't wait until ours at the end of next month
Oh wow where are you off to? Hope you have an amazing time! Thank you for reading
Old 3 May 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I've only had a quick glance through your trippie, mainly looking at the pics. I promise to go back and read properly. It caught my attention as we have just paid off the balance of our first ever cruise, also on the Britannia. So pleased you haven't got any negative comments as some reviews I've read have hardly anything positive to say on this ship! I plan on making the most of the gym as I really don't want to put any weight on of the ports you visited La Coruna is the only one we will go to but we have booked an excursion to Santiago de Compostela. All we have to got to save up for now is all the lovely cocktails we plan on drinking
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List