Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer
Being a bit Goofy

First Post - any advice?

Hello everyone,

I've been a serial lurker for years. Ive wanted to go to WDW since I was three years old and read Winnie the Pooh with my dad who told me he spends the winters in Florida 😂
Unfortunately we weren't ever able to go.

I now have two children of my own who have been begging to go for about 12 months so we took the plunge for March 2019. We decided just to do Wdw for 11 nights in PORS and upgrade to DDP. My kids are 9 and 7 and we just felt our daughter wouldn't be up for universal and we really wanted to fully experience the Disney magic.

We haven't told them we have booked yet, but today we throwing around 'if ever we can go to Florida, what would you want to see' (expecting Cinderella) and she pipes up "Harry Potter world"!

Now my son is a massive HP fan, but we had planned on going back and doing the full Florida experience, but now daughter has said she wants to see HP as well, I'm considering trying to squeeze in a day at universal.

Would it be worth it? Can I buy day access? I'm assuming Uber is the way to go about getting there as we haven't hooked a bloody car 😂

Honestly that girl is going to kill me...

Thanks for your advice.

D x
Dreamer is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can buy a one day park to park ticket and it would be possible to do All the Harry Potter in both parks if that's all you are doing if you are be there for opening
We tend to do all Hp int the 2parks on one day then spend the other days we are AP holders being selective in what we do
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You should have no problem using uber. Used all the time on my last visit & it was excellent.
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Congrats on taking the plunge!

One day, park to park would appear the answer. Uber would work just fin. On a 1 day hit, I would definitely choose this option as you want to be there at park opening and then stay until as late as poss!

There is an awful lot to Universal and using a full day in March, with careful planning, you should be able to pick up pretty much all of it that you want, given that the 54 inch height restriction will take out most of the bigger queues such as Hulk, Ripriderockit and similar.

Make sure you don't miss the Simpsons and Dudley dorights falls.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

depends on your budget, but if you book 1 night in a universal hotel (not sure on March prices, but August is $400) you get FOTL (fast passes) for 2 days (check-in day And check-out day).
that would give you plenty of time to enjoy both parks...or maybe 1 day in the parks and 1 at volcano bay. You would still need to buy the park entry tickets though

but, as above, you can buy a 1 day ticket, arrive early, and go straight to HP.
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
You can buy a one day park to park ticket and it would be possible to do All the Harry Potter in both parks if that's all you are doing if you are be there for opening
We tend to do all Hp int the 2parks on one day then spend the other days we are AP holders being selective in what we do
You could buy this kind of ticket but it’s not a cheap option. We just looked into it and I think it was at least $174 per person.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks everyone. I’m so confused by Disney, adding universal in to the mix is just making it harder 😂
As we are only there for 11 days I don’t want to try and do too much, but again don’t want to miss it if it can be done.
As you can probably tell I’m a complete novice.
We may just wait and decide when we are there?
D x
Dreamer is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just an add, as already said, you will need a park to park ticket for Universal or you wont be able to ride the Hogworts express, don't just buy a one day ticket.

Please, please find the time to go, your son and daughter will love WWHP and they are the perfect age for all the superhero rides too.

Both my grandsons are HP mad, I just wish I could afford to take them all (mum and dad would not part with the kids for 2 weeks) just so they could experience Universal.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

It is a tricky one... 11 days doesn’t give you much time to see all of Disney plus Universal. It is going to be a very busy holiday for you. If your children are desperate to go to see Harry Potter then if funds allowed I would definitely try fit in at least one day but I’m not sure how much a ticket that gives access to both parks for a day would be. It might not be cost effective.

On the plus side if you don’t manage to go to Universal this trip you have got the perfect excuse to go back!
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A one day ticket is very poor value I agree but it's an option
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List