Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 18, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jakki
Earning More Ears

Passport dilemma

Much needed help please...

So we travel to Disney's Port Orleans Resort on 6th April 2019 and leave 20th April 2019, returning in UK on 21st April 2019.

The BIG dilemma is my sons passport runs out on 31st October 2019. Now I know you need 6 months on your passport after your return, but my question is would this be cutting it fine having only 6 months 10 days left on his passport.

He will be 14 when we travel and we are not planning on going abroad again until 2022, so really didn't want to renew until needed, but obviously will renew if consensus on here thinks I should as don't want to stress about getting into bother.
jakki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jakki View Post

So we travel to Disney's Port Orleans Resort on 6th April 2019 and leave 20th April 2019, returning in UK on 21st April 2019.

The BIG dilemma is my sons passport runs out on 31st October 2019. Now I know you need 6 months on your passport after your return, but my question is would this be cutting it fine having only 6 months 10 days left on his passport.

He will be 14 when we travel and we are not planning on going abroad again until 2022, so really didn't want to renew until needed, but obviously will renew if consensus on here thinks I should as don't want to stress about getting into bother.

You don’t need 6 months on your passport you need a valid passport I would not renew it before

“Passport validity
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.”

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Edited at 06:20 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

As above, no need for six months on your passport. I have travelled with six weeks on mine , no problem.
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Save your money. It's the most asked question on here
Travel agents perpetuating a myth
Only needs to be valid for the duration of your trip
Nb this assumes he has a British passport
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 06:40 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We are going next summer and my DH will only have 8 days left on his after our return date and I don't think we are going to change his before we go. He needs his passport for next March too but I want to do our Estas before much longer. I also have no idea if Brexit next June will mean passport delays so don't want to leave until after March to apply for one and then get an Esta just in case.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jakki View Post

As per Sew, it's a myth Jaki. Also see the CBP 'six month club' link.

When we arrived back into the UK hubs had circa 6 weeks remaining on his pp, nowt said, no issues.
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

Mobile

As previous your sons passport only needs to valid for your stay... if it was me I would renew the passport at the 6 months window which would then be added to the new passport. Then I would do a new esta using the new passport which would then be valid for a further 2 years.,
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

Agree with all the above. You don’t need six months on you passport. One day will do
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

We had a cocky security officer 2 years ago upon arrival in the US who said mine should have been renewed but he would let me in (like he was doing me a favour). I knew it was fine as covered the duration of the stay and didn't bother arguing, just said thanks.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

uk.usembassy.gov/visas/non-i...vel-documents/

Look at these two websites if you’re still unsure
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov

Edited at 06:32 AM.
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List