Notices

Old 17 Jul 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Famous Five Hit The Beach Again August 2017 14th August

I got out of bed this morning at 5.10am, I was more than happy with this and I had had a pretty good night!

We had a visitor delivered to our room at 3am by Nanny, I think Grace must have got up and was not at all sure where she was so had woken Nanny

I managed to get out of bed without waking anyone up so went to make tea. Grace arrived at 5.30 (didn't get too long on my own to chill then!) and Daddy got up at 6.20am.
I am not sure when Nanny and Grandad got up as I haven't written it down! It took us an hour to get ready and we were off and out the door at 7.30am.
Firstly it was a visit to Englewood Beach for a little stroll along. It was 75c to park for an hour and it was pretty empty but lovely and hot already. We paddled a little and the water was lovely and warm and we started our search for sharks teeth, we would buy a colander this morning to help with the task!

Back in the car and our first stop was at a Dollar Tree where we got some kitchen things, washing up liquid, zip lock bags (and some nice tiny Disney ones for Grace's lunch box. we picked up the colander and sweets of course and a lot of looking at general tat!

We then went to Walmart for the "big shop" I haven't got down how much we spent but we did get a bucket load of fruit, some meat and fish for the BBQ (a whole side of salmon) and all the other rubbish you don't need but spend your holidays eating

We also nipped next door to the Walmart Liquor store and got a bottle of Vodka 1.75cl for $17... can't be bad can it!

We were back indoors for 10am...very good progress and unpacked everything, filling that big old American fridge...very satisfying.

We all hit the pool then and spent happy hours in the sunshine (making a shopping list of all the things we had forgotten ..oh! We can the BBQ at 3pm. The villa has a fantastic, huge BBQ which Daddy rolled out the front and cooked the burgers and sausages for today, I had made the salad, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and red onion. We had tortilla wraps, giant tub of houmous, gherkins, jalapeņo peppers... well you name it we had it. We sat outside under the lanai with the music on taking in the peaceful surroundings, heavenly.

We came in around 4.30 and showered up and we're all out the door by 5pm...the joys of having 3 showers in the villa, means we can all get ready at the same time..fab!

We were off to the local mall at Port Charlotte about a 20 minute drive away. Those of you who have ready my previous trip reports will know that Mick and I always take our rings in back to Kay Jewellers to get them cleaned and rhodium plated again. This can take anything from a week to the full 13/14 days, so we always drop them in on our first night so we definitely get them back. (Interestingly, if you drop them in Orlando the turnaround is absolutely much quicker!)

This takes them a little time to write out the paperwork as each ring needs it own sheet, so we had just got a Starbucks first so the others sit and have that while we go in and do the tedious paperwork bit. I always feel completely naked when I come out of there with no jewellery and always feel sad I have let them go. I have a wedding band and half an eternity as well as my solitaire so am completely bling less when I come out! We have arranged to pick them up on our last night here, they will email me when they are ready anyway.

We pop into Macy's and the men look at the jeans, Grandad gets 2 pairs and Mick gets one pair. We also look in JC Penneys as they have a great selection of Levis and often they have deals, didn't get anything today's though.

We have a quick sniff around in Bath and Body Works but don't buy anything, this is mainly due to the fact it's our first day which proves to be a big mistake as all large candles are half price and I don't buy any! Big mistake as the offer was never to be seen again!

We get back in the car and make our way towards home, we stop at Publix on the way back and get some Robinsons squash for $4.49... REALLY! Yes really! I also get some sun lotion as the one I got in Walmart smelt like a toilet lol. We also always get ice cream here as we are the closest to home we are going to be.

We get I at 7.15 and have a tidy up, put the rubbish out (yes there is always one job you never get away from) and chopped up some watermelon. I took Grace to bed at 7.50 and she was asleep by 8.15pm after ready the new Finding Dory story

We all hop outside for a little drink, out of the giant vodka bottle, well not directly out of the bottle, we did use glasses lol and were in bed by 10pm

Thanks for ready along see you tomorrow

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 17 Jul 18 7:00 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a perfect day x
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List