Notices

Old 14 Jul 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

The One With No Pretrip And A Better Chance Of Finishing - Day 12 - Golf & Yellow Dog Eats

It took a while for the kids to surface this morning and they didn't move until after 9am. We had nothing planned for today and decided to use up a Raincheck we had received at WinterSummer Land mini golf last year. It was almost a year to the day since we'd got it so we weren't sure if they'd honour it and we fancied Fantasia Gardens for a change. We needn't have worried as usual the Disney service was excellent and we were soon at the first tee.

It was another beautiful day and we had forgotten that this course has practically no shade and we were soon all melting in the heat. That's my excuse for being rubbish anyway. We had a good time once the kids got back in the swing (boom boom) of it and we only lost one ball (mine). Scott won and the rest of us., well better not to mention the scores.

We all finished with a hole in one though.

That's the hole in one pose in case you were wondering.

They are doing their sad faces here as they could see the Tower of Terror from here. We are all having a great time but we are missing Disney.

Scott had read about a place called Yellow Dog Eats
and fancied trying it for lunch. It was after 11 now and it would take about 20-30 minutes to get there. On the way we passed the construction at Coronado Springs, which seems quite advanced now.

The tower looks impressive but I think having that going on at the entrance to the hotel would take away a bit of the sparkle if you were staying at the moment. We soon found ourselves on the toll road and it was pretty much a straight drive all the way to Gotha. When we came off the main road we weren't sure we were in the right place as we were in a residential area and all we could see was houses, a church and a salon but we trusted the Satnav and then saw the sign.

It turned out to be a converted house and most of the seating area was in a covered porch out back. We grabbed menus and took a seat.

The decor was interesting with lots of graffiti on the tables and walls and lots of artwork for sale.

It was pretty busy in here and given it's a bit off the beaten track I was thinking it was a good sign. Abbie wanted the pulled pork nachos. Daniel wanted Club Elvis, Scott the Florida Cracker and I went for the Holy Crap as how could anyone resist that? We got a couple of sodas too. Scott went off to order at the counter.

The photos in here are not great as there were disco lights on!

Once you've ordered you return to your table and they call your name over the tannoy when the food it ready. Our took about 15 minutes and we passed the time playing I spy. The food is served on metal trays and the sandwiches come with a packet of crisps and some coleslaw. They were all delicious and Abbie loved the nachos managing to hoover it all up except
for a couple of spoonfuls of beans and then went on to finish off Daniels pulled pork! If you like pulled pork and want to try something a bit different in terms of the dining experience I highly recommend this place. We headed back to the hotel and we're back just after 1pm. Abbie and I headed down to the pool and the boys stayed to watch the football.

They were running an ice cream social round the pool so Abbie got some. We spent a nice few hours by the pool and the boys eventually joined us. When Scott and I talked about what to do tonight we agree to go back to Disney Springs as that way we could get a meal somewhere and then go for a few drinks and maybe meet up with my friend who is in the hotel but our paths haven't crossed since their first day. We managed to get a reservation for the Boathouse via Opentable for 7.45pm, in fact we could pretty much have what ever time we wanted so if you can't get a reservation on MyDisneyExperience, it's worth a go.

The kids were mildly excited to be heading back to Disney property. I caught a glimpse of Saratoga Springs and felt a bit sad not to be staying there, I think that's my favourite of all the resorts we've been to.

We checked in at the Boathouse and our table was ready. We were all starving and made a start on the delicious bread before I had a chance to get a picture.

You'll notice I'm wearing shades indoors. Now this isn't because I have delusions of grandeur. It was because I'd managed to poke myself in the eye with my hairbrush. Ladies you know the one with the metal barrel and really scratchy bristles? Yip I caught myself a beauty and despite lying down with an ice pack before we went out it was really swollen and kept watering, I really looked like I'd been punched! By the end of the meal it had stopped watering so I gave up on the shades. What an idiot i am.

Anyway back to the meal. Scott ordered a beer and I had a glass of my favourite wine in Disney, Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc at $14 a glass I really enjoyed it but couldn't help but think I should have picked up a couple of bottles in Walmart as they were the same price!

We passed the time till our meal came playing games.

We had a good view out over the water.

I had a burger which was amazing! Highly recommended.

Daniel had the fillet steak sliders, he said these were really tasty too.

Abbie had the kids mac and cheese and was delighted when the fries were served in an amphicar.

Scott had the shrimp and fries, which were hiding under the shrimp. The food and service here was great. I'm still not sure I'd use 2 table service meals on it if I was on the dining plan, but I'd definitely return and pay out of pocket. They had some live music on too, it was mixture of 80s and 90s covers.

We paid the bill, sorry I've totally lost track of the prices now and headed out to watch the amphicars for a bit. My friend texted to say they were at the Springs too and we agreed to meet in Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. There was some entertainment outside for the kids so we sat on their patio section and had a couple of drinks. My favourite was this one

I was most disappointed when it arrived and looked like this

So I HAD to have another one, it was even better as it looked like this

I may have had the glass in my hand when I went to check in the kids, and we might have left with it. Oh well.

We had a great night and it didn't rain! Our weather has been really great. I had warned my friend not to be too disappointed with the almost daily showers and the rain has been minimal so I think she thinks I was exaggerating.

We had a great catch up and the kids enjoyed the entertainment. It was around midnight when we split up to get taxis home.

We are moving to RPR tomorrow and guess who has done zero packing? I got to bed about 1am, thinking it wouldn't take long to pack if we all helped. We wanted to get to RPR early, though in hindsight, that was the Kim Crawford and the Cool Headed Monkey talking, but was dutifully set an alarm for 6.25am and we all headed to bed after another great and busy day.

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 15 Jul 18 3:12 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Looks like a lovely day. We are at RPR just now and all the rides have been great with Express pass.
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great day - looking forward to your report of RPR

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That’s sounds like a really great day finishing with a meeting with friends.

Joan
Old 15 Jul 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely day, all the foods looks amazing, drinks looks even better xx

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Fab day with some lovely food !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Yellow dog eats looks really interesting, I’m going to suggest it to DH for next year. I feel your sadness at missing Disney, we’ve done that before and had a fab holiday but DS and I still missed being in the Disney parks. It’s good to visit Disney Springs to get a Disney fox though.