Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Aug 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We've just got back from our trip, absolutely loved Cape Cod and Boston. I would definitely recommend a trip to Marthas Vineyard, we used the local bus to tour the island. We also took a drive up to Province town which was interesting and we picked up a whale watching tour from there which was pretty amazing.
Boston was great and petty much all of it was walkable apart from Harvard. We were near The Lennox, it's in a great area.
We'll definitely return to this area in the future.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
It will be funny if you see yourself in the background of my trip report photo!
I'll wear my Dibb lanyard
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Hello, we got back on Saturday after a wonderful trip. I'm not quite ready with a trip report yet but I will try to get one up soon.

In the mean time a few highs and lows.
Hotel High D Hotel Holyoke Hotel Low Howard Johnson Mystic

Driving High Kancamagus Highway Driving Low Having satnav with mind of its own that took us a few unusual routes

Destination High Grays Beach, Cape Cod Destination Low Providence Zoo

Eating High Olive Garden (never been before) Eating Low Cheesecake Factory - bad service, long wait, not told our choice wasn't available until we'd waited 25 mins

All in all it was a fun time. A bit disappointed with Boston itself but as it was end of trip we might just have been too tired to do it justice. We did get to a baseball game and that was probably our favourite evening of the fortnight. Things were a bit odd in that we hardly heard a British accent until we got back to Boston, even the plane was mostly other nationals. Also odd in that it was first US trip since DH was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He manages it well by diet alone, but this was a bit of challenge eating out all the time and lots of hidden sugar in sauces etc..
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Will be really interested in reading your report! Sounds like you had a brilliant time.

We are staying for a night at the Howard Johnson in Mystic - what makes it your low point It is on a very good cancellable rate and only for one night. Do I need to start looking again!?

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We were there for only one night. The lobby and staff were delightful. Free coffee and cookies were a nice touch. The rest of the hotel was run down and dark. We were at the back and our patio door had 3 locks on it, the balcony overlooked the dog walking area and we could see the heavy motorway traffic through the trees. I wish we'd paid a bit more for a nicer hotel with included breakfast.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We were there for only one night. The lobby and staff were delightful. Free coffee and cookies were a nice touch. The rest of the hotel was run down and dark. We were at the back and our patio door had 3 locks on it, the balcony overlooked the dog walking area and we could see the heavy motorway traffic through the trees. I wish we'd paid a bit more for a nicer hotel with included breakfast.
Thanks! May have another look around to see if there's anything else. I thought it was a good location and price though.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Glad you had a good time!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

DD has just reminded me that the air con unit at HoJo was right next to bed so I had to get up in night to put on jumper no one else was affected by it but I was right next to it (I tried turning it off but we all soon started to get too hot).
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a lovely trip

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gtown
Proud to wear my Ears

Hurry up

Hiya, hurry up with your report we are off to Boston for a roadtrip on 27 Sept, need some tips.

I too have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so keen to see what you ate.

what whale watching tour did you use?

gtown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List